Wax a new car?

Old April 26th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Wax a new car?

We just got a new 2006 Mustang and it our first new car in quite a while.

Can you wax a new car? In the "old days" I seem to recall you advised not to
wax to let the paint dry\cure.

Can you "Zip" wash\wax it?

Thanks

Old April 26th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

New cars are on the market for a good amount of time since their
inception from the factory. You can wax it away. No problem.

Old April 26th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Bill Jarrett" > wrote:

> We just got a new 2006 Mustang and it our first new car in quite a
> while.
>
> Can you wax a new car? In the "old days" I seem to recall you advised
> not to wax to let the paint dry\cure.
>
> Can you "Zip" wash\wax it?

Check your owners manual

Call dealer body shop
OTHERWISE:
Never rely on single response in an open forum on subject this.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old April 26th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Bill Jarrett wrote:
> We just got a new 2006 Mustang and it our first new car in quite a while.
>
> Can you wax a new car? In the "old days" I seem to recall you advised not to
> wax to let the paint dry\cure.
>
> Can you "Zip" wash\wax it?
>
> Thanks

I have been told by professional painters not to wax a new paint job for at least
6 months. Instead, use hand glaze. After 6 months, use something with carnuba wax.
I use Kit. Is it better? I don't know. But that's what was recommended by my
painter, so that's what I use.

--
..boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Old April 26th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

remember that you aren't dealing with old-style paint.......whatever you
apply, your putting it on the clearcoat. you want to avoid anything
abrasive.....check the label on the products, but bear in mind that
they're selling themselves.

I'm waiting 'till my '06 is 4-5 months old, then it's going to get
Nu-Finish, just to put a water-repellant coating on it and enhance the
shine. My good/old cars still get wax......but started using Nu-Finish
on the beater since it takes so little time to apply.....then saw that
it's the only thing that still beads water after going thru an entire
winter of snow, salt and standing out. And since it goes on so ez, and
litterally "dusts" off (i.e. no rubbing) I figure it won't wear down the
clearcoat.

Old April 27th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Nu Finish??? bad idea man....

That is an abrasive cleaner/coat...

You should just use a polymer sealant...

Old April 27th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Duke: in Nu Finish

container sez there's no abrasives...no cleaners...."can't scratch
clearcoat finishes"

website sez it's a "polymer emulsion"

so now I'm totally confused. - what do you use?

Old April 27th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Nu Finish is a "Polish".. That means its not good for a new car car.
Use A polymer sealant. Wash car, use polymer sealnt.. then use a nice
glaze for extra protection...

NU finish is crap.. Don't put that crap on your beatiful new car.. Nu
Finish is for old cars that lost its shine and what not..

Forget what they say.... Don't use it. That's my 2 cents..