93 Cherokee Sport Window Broken

Old September 5th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Icculus

Default 93 Cherokee Sport Window Broken

After rolling my driver side window all the way down, I can't get it to
just keeps slipping and makes a grinding type of sound. How difficult
is this to repair myself, keeping in mind that I do not have very many
tools onhand nor am I a car expert by any means. Thanks for any help.

Old September 5th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Usually you may work a screw driver around to release the crank:
http://www.billhughes.com/XJPanel.pdf
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old September 6th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Icculus

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what you mean by "release the
crank." I can get it to go up very slightly, but then it starts to
slip. It had been a lingering problem which could be solved by pushing
the crank in while slowly turning it, but that isn't working this time.
I normally just never roll the window down all the way, but today I
did accidentally, and now it's really stuck.

Old September 6th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

You will have to open up the door panel so you can see what is going on.

It might be something just as simple as being off the window track.

ups.com...

Old September 6th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

There could be a spring clip between the crank and the panel. There is
a special tool for this, (see Bill's PDF file) or you can pop it out
with a screwdriver or a hook.

The gear inside the handle is the likely stripped point and the handles
are cheap to replace. You put the clip on the handle before installing
it and it just pushes into place with a snap.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 7th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

The one I just replaced had a worn regulator - the geared part inside
was rusted. I drilled out the rivets holding the regulator mechanism
and replaced it with one from a wreck. Best part was, the donor
vehicle had the vent windows that actually OPENED so I replaced that
part of the window assembly at the same time <g>. To replace the
regulator, you ahve to pull the door panel. Thakes some time and
fiddling but it's a pretty straightforward deal.

--
Will Honea

Jeep Cherokee Sport ----> Check Engine Light Jeep 7 September 26th 05 06:11 PM
Need help recharging the AC on a 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport Jeff Jeep 17 August 16th 05 07:49 AM
window on cherokee just falls down wizumwalt Jeep 5 April 18th 05 01:58 AM
Broken window '95 325is madloof72 BMW 1 March 23rd 05 09:20 PM
98 Jeep Cherokee Window MacCheeta Jeep 9 February 26th 05 03:38 AM