F1 dissing women drivers now ?

Old June 23rd 05, 06:55 PM
Dave Henrie

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in
:

> I think the guy was making fun of Americans and our treatment of
> women, or at least how we want to pretend that women in America are on
> equal footing with men.
>
> Alanb

They why do I have to climb onto a pedastal to talk to Her Highness, the
Missus????

dave henrie
Old June 23rd 05, 09:10 PM
elrikk

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote in
> :
>
> > I think the guy was making fun of Americans and our treatment of
> > women, or at least how we want to pretend that women in America are on
> > equal footing with men.
> >
> > Alanb
> >

> They why do I have to climb onto a pedastal to talk to Her Highness,

the
> Missus????
>
> dave henrie

Maybe it's her version of a "podium finish".

Elrikk

PS. By the way did you get a first, second or third ? ;o)

Old June 24th 05, 12:50 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I think the guy was making fun of Americans and our treatment of
>> women, or at least how we want to pretend that women in America are on
>> equal footing with men.
>>
>> Alanb
>>

> They why do I have to climb onto a pedastal to talk to Her Highness, the
> Missus????
>
> dave henrie

Well, this could also be taken differently. Think of it, how the media in
America always has to make something out of nothing, for the sake of
ratings. Really now, if women are to be thought of as equals, why should it
be such an extraordinary thing that we have a women who happens to be a
decent race-car driver?

But look here, I'm an American myself. But I think this F1 guy was just
pulling everyone's chain, critical of how the American media looks at things
and what its true motivation is.

Alanb

Old June 24th 05, 12:14 PM
JTS

I don't know why she would be confused. He's an ass. Isn't that very easy
to see?

Old June 24th 05, 12:16 PM
JTS

Your comments on American media ring true, but I wouldn't give Bernie that
much credit.

Old July 3rd 05, 04:55 PM
Micheal Smith

"alex martini" > wrote in message
>..... they don't understand what an opportunity a femal American driver in

F1 would be.

How so?

Mike

The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
SUV drivers MidnightDad Driving 60 April 1st 05 08:03 PM
Women drivers Andrew Technology 0 February 21st 05 02:12 AM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM