E-85

Old May 11th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default E-85

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Matthew
> Russotto wrote:
>
>> down the supply chain. And your tractor probably runs on diesel
>> anyway, and can't be converted to ethanol.

> FYI: Diesel engines are even easier to run on bio-fuel. I believe corn
> oil or some other corn products work. If not, I am sure a small plot
> could be set aside to grow whatever the tractor needs.

As if farmers have time,money (for machinery),or the inclination to process
a crop to make biodiesel or alk.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 12th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :
>
>> In article >, Jim Yanik
>> wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>>> :

>>> As if farmers have time,money (for machinery),or the inclination to
>>> process a crop to make biodiesel or alk.

>> I suggest you watch the episode of dirty jobs making biodiesel. It's
>> easier than a good number of things farmers do.
>>

> I'm saying that they have higher priorities(for both time and money),and
> little if any spare money to buy such machinery that would be needed.
> You'd probably need an environmental impact study and gov't permits up the
> ying-yang to deal with the left-over wastes.

Farmer bob could raise crops that are used to make ethanol. Farmer john
could raise crops that are used to make bio-diesel. Both can run their
tractors on bio-diesel from bubba's bio-diesel who bought crops from
farmer john.

Of course to all the nay-sayers this too complex, but it's a fraction of
the complexity for say gasoline.

Old May 12th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Jim Yanik
> wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> In article >, Jim Yanik
>>> wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in

>>> I suggest you watch the episode of dirty jobs making biodiesel. It's
>>> easier than a good number of things farmers do.
>>>

>> I'm saying that they have higher priorities(for both time and
>> money),and little if any spare money to buy such machinery that would
>> be needed. You'd probably need an environmental impact study and
>> gov't permits up the ying-yang to deal with the left-over wastes.

> Farmer bob could raise crops that are used to make ethanol. Farmer
> john could raise crops that are used to make bio-diesel. Both can run
> their tractors on bio-diesel from bubba's bio-diesel who bought crops
> from farmer john.
>
> Of course to all the nay-sayers this too complex, but it's a fraction
> of the complexity for say gasoline.

I did not say it was too complex.
(although the paperwork and permits may be complex)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik