Lodging at the Gap

Old July 8th 05, 02:51 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Default Lodging at the Gap

Looking for favorable recommendations for a good place to stay at Deals Gap.
Don't need allot of luxury but would like to have ac. I'm thinking of a bed
and breakfast type of place or a 'cabin' but I could live with a decent
hotel / motel especially if tons of miatamaniacs will be hanging out there.
We're planning on going up the week before the Miatas at the Gap weekend and
staying through the weekend. Any 'must-drives' will be duly noted and
attended to!

TIA,
Chris
92BB&T

Old July 8th 05, 04:27 AM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Looking for favorable recommendations for a good place to stay at Deals Gap.
> Don't need allot of luxury but would like to have ac. I'm thinking of a bed
> and breakfast type of place or a 'cabin' but I could live with a decent
> hotel / motel especially if tons of miatamaniacs will be hanging out there.
> We're planning on going up the week before the Miatas at the Gap weekend and
> staying through the weekend. Any 'must-drives' will be duly noted and
> attended to!
>
> TIA,
> Chris
> 92BB&T

I stayed at the Best Western in Townsend when I went to Deals Gap,
though it was not during an event. There are a ton of cabins for rent in
the area. Townsend is not right next to The Gap, but it isn't too far
and the roads getting there are great.

I would recommend checking out Cades Cove while you are in the area. It
is a wildlife habitat with some historical structures that is circled by
a road that may be driven or walked. Not a high-speed drive, just the
opposite in fact, but I thought that it was very cool.

pat
Old July 8th 05, 12:39 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

will do! Pat, you should go!

Chris
92BB&T

.. .

Old July 8th 05, 12:58 PM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> will do! Pat, you should go!
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T

I would, but I have to head the other direction soon (west). I hope to
make it back to Deals Gap sometime.

Have fun!

Pat