What are currently your 3 favorite muscle cars and why ?

Old April 4th 11, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Jeff[_58_]

Default What are currently your 3 favorite muscle cars and why ?

Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
favorite muscle
cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
have to
offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
stuff is mentioned.

Old April 4th 11, 10:10 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Adrian

Jeff > gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> favorite muscle cars and please separately say why, for each fave one
> named. You don't have to offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons,
> but it's fine if that stuff is mentioned.

Care to give us a clue what you mean by "muscle cars"?
Old April 4th 11, 10:18 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Paul - xxx

Jeff wrote:

> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> favorite muscle
> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> have to
> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> stuff is mentioned.

Bowler Wildcat 'cos they make anyone who drives them into 'driving
gods' ..

Dodge Charger, the original 'baddies' car in films (and a mate had an
Aussie import one with RHD that was just awesome) ..

Aston Martin V12 Vantage .. just because it is ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old April 4th 11, 10:49 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Mr Benn[_3_]

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> favorite muscle
> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> have to
> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> stuff is mentioned.

Ford XR3i

;-)

Old April 4th 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Noddy[_3_]

On 4/04/2011 6:39 PM, Jeff wrote:

> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> favorite muscle
> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> have to
> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> stuff is mentioned.

Picking only three is difficult, as there's been some awesome cars over
the years.

For what it's worth, my list would be....

No.1 - Ford GT40:

Sexiest car in the world in it's day (and still is in my opinion) with
performance that could blow anything else it ran against straight to
Mars. Good old Yankee brawn wrapped up in a fantastic Pommy chassis/body
package.

No.2 - Porsche 917:

The car they built to beat the GT40, that was almost as good looking and
could blow the GT40 straight to Mars 1000hp out of it's flat 12
engine was absolutely phenomenal in it's day and the sound it made was
*almost* as nice as a screaming V8.

N0.3 - Mk.II Mini Cooper S:

It wasn't the fastest car around in it's day, not by a long shot, but in
terms of "bang-per-buck" there was little around under 100 grand that
could hold a candle to the Mk.II Cooper S for sheer entertainment value.
Even some costing way over that amount could be embarrassed by the
things on occasion.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old April 4th 11, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
BartC

"Mr Benn" > wrote in message
> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
>> favorite muscle
>> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
>> have to
>> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
>> stuff is mentioned.
>>

> Ford XR3i
>
> ;-)

Why is that funny?

--
Bartc

Old April 4th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Halmyre[_1_]

On Apr 4, 2:32*pm, "BartC" > wrote:
> "Mr Benn" > wrote in message

> > "Jeff" > wrote in message
> >> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> >> favorite muscle
> >> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> >> have to
> >> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> >> stuff is mentioned.

> > Ford XR3i

> > ;-)

> Why is that funny?

Now *that* is funny!

--
Halmyre
Old April 4th 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
That Tune

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> favorite muscle
> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> have to
> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> stuff is mentioned.

1. Dual Quad Hemi Cuda - Cutie with monstrous power to weight ratio.

2. ZL-1 Camaro with L88/89 aluminum engine - If you have to ask ...

3. Tri-Power 427 Stingray fastback with chambered side pipes -
Sleek beauty with performance.and sound to match

Old April 4th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year

On Apr 4, 2:39*am, Jeff > wrote:
> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> favorite muscle
> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> have to
> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> stuff is mentioned.

They aren't muscle cars, they're murder cars and only child-molesting
homos care about them.
Old April 4th 11, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Adrian

"Criminal Drivers Murder 35,000 Americans a Year" >
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

> They aren't muscle cars, they're murder cars and only child-molesting
> homos care about them.

**** me. I thought we'd got some loons here, but yours really are
something else entirely.

And, no, we don't _want_ 'em, thanks. You can keep 'em.