86 Maxima, failing NOx. Here’s what was done. What next?

Old March 18th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.nissan

Default 86 Maxima, failing NOx. Here's what was done. What next?

Thanks Neil. I get it now.
Based on Haynes manual, the diagram shows one large passage from EGR to

the intake. I have not figured out how to remove the EGR valave assmbly
yet though
to doulbe check -- the manual simply says "remove", so I must be
missing something.
I may swing by the dealership (I need to pick up some minor parts) and
look at the
print out diagram and then do the disassembly.
Thanks for the tip!

Old March 19th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.nissan

wrote:

> Speak a little slower What do you mean? Pull the vac hose off the
> egr do what?

Put manifold vac on the EGR valve at idle. If it makes a marked change
(probably will stall), the valve and it's passages are OK.
--
www.atlantaracing.com