Car Buyers Flee SUVs, Prius Sales Triple

Old May 9th 05, 08:10 PM
Rod Speed

"fbloogyudsr" > wrote in message
> "Bernard farquart" > wrote

>>> Unfortunately, that usually results in more weeds and more fungus/rot
>>> that substantially reduces the next crop, as well as not recovering
>>> the nutrients in the stubble. It's not clear how "no till" you want to go
>>> with:
>>> certainly the less you till the better, but completely no till may not be
>>> doable. Interestingly, there's quite a bit of research going on in
>>> perennial strains of wheat (and other grains) that would obviate
>>> tilling completely.

>> I thought planting sweetpea to fix nitrogen in between
>> crops was the way to go.

> Well, yes, alfalfa or other nitrogen-fixing crops are nice, but
> remember, these semi-arid areas need 2 years *unused* precipitation
> to grow one crop, so you can't plant anything in the off years.

More terminally pig ignorant drivel.

Old May 9th 05, 08:50 PM
Rod Slow

Rod Speed wrote:

> More terminally pig ignorant drivel.

Rod was doing so well for the last week ever since his welfare check
came on the first Monday. Now waiting until the third Monday he is
falling apart. By the end of the week he will revert to the usual
obsessions about feces, young children and dogs.
Old May 9th 05, 10:47 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

> So what are the limits on biodiesel production? Assuming cost were no
> object, how many barrels (or their equivalents) could be produced in
> the US today? What are the limits on biodiesel production? For
> example, does it depend on used fry grease from McDonald's, or similar
> sources that are difficult to scale?

It would be a lot more costly than gasoline, since the inefficiencies of
growing the crops for the vegetable oil are high. As long as it remains a
very small niche market, the costs are very low. It costs my friend about 50
cents per gallon to refine used vegetable oil into bio-diesel, but th oil is
free (oil from a Japanese-owned, Japanese restaurant is the best, according
to him, because they use high quality oil, and change their oil very
frequently). Oil from restaurants where they use the same oil for a long
time, isn't as good.

Old May 17th 05, 05:20 AM

Prius can stall at high speed: U.S. report

NEW YORK (Kyodo) The U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety
Administration has received 13 complaints about Toyota's Prius hybrid
cars shutting down at high speed, the Wall Street Journal reported
Sunday.
One complaint involved a Prius shutting down at 96 kph. Another owner
complained that his daughter's "life was in danger" when the Prius she
was driving shut down in fast traffic and police had to divert other
cars around the stalled vehicle.

No injuries or fatalities have been linked to the problem, and the
NHTSA has not launched a formal investigation, the paper said in its
online edition.

According to the paper, the problems being reported are related to
Prius cars from the 2004 model year and some early 2005 models.

Toyota Motor Corp. spokesman Sam Butto attributed the trouble,
according to the report, to a "programming error" in the car's computer
system.

The error was confirmed in 23,900 Prius cars last year.

The spokesman said Toyota sent warning letters to owners of the cars to
get the software upgraded at their dealerships.

The hybrid car combines a gas engine with an electric motor to increase
fuel efficiency while reducing emissions

Old May 17th 05, 10:12 PM
John David Galt

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> At least that's what they want us to believe. If word were to get out
> that there is a Prius Exploit floating around out there, the red-hot
> Prius sales momentum Toyota currently enjoys would turn ice-cold
> overnight.
>
> I wonder how the hackers do it? I know the Prius has a Bluetooth
> hands-free link for the driver's cell phone - I wonder if it can also
> be used to wirelessly upload malicious firmware, or cause the car's
> computer (and possibly the car itself) to crash?!!!!?!?!?!?!?! Maybe
> there's a "Bluetooth Packet o' Death" similar to the malformed PING
> packet that WinNuke used to use that will cause the Prius to
> blue-screen?

This gives a whole new meaning to the Windows "Blue Screen of Death".