Anyone bought from Advance Frame Works?

Old January 14th 05, 07:31 PM

Default Anyone bought from Advance Frame Works?

I'm looking at replacing my front bumper and will be purchaing a winch.
I've been considering buying tha ARB Bull Bar. I came across the new
winch bumper by Advance Frame Works and was wondering if anyone out
ther had any opinions of their products. The bumper looks just about
as good as the bull bar. only down side I can see is no mounts for
D-rings up front.

TIA for your $0.02

Chad

Old January 15th 05, 09:32 PM
1BADYJ

Depends on the bumper you want and if you can weld. I have an ARB on my
Dodge 2500 truck and it took a lot of work to get it to fit. Only about
1/2 the holes lined up. I had to drill or grind out the rest. Took an
entire day and on a 250 lb bumper thats a lot of work. Heeps have a
pretty simple mounting though, so they ought to be able to get it
right.

Warn makes some nice bumpers as do Road Armor and Tomken. I have Blue
Torch Fabworks bumpers front and rear on my YJ.
http://www.bluetorchfab.com Solid, really friggin solid bumpers. They
offer D rings front and rear as options, and if you want some tube work
done to protect teh fenders and such they can help you design it and
build it for you. You can also buy D-ring mounts from them as separate
peices and weld them to another bumper of your choice.
Also they make winch plates that are beefy.

For my front end, I am running a Blue torch weld on bumper because I
have full width truck axles, but I didn't have them do any tube work to
it. Instead I ordered the Warn enforcer front hoop for my model jeep
(YJ), it bolts on, into the stock bumper bolt locations in the top of
the frame. It looks good with the BTF bumper and is removable. It also
should just bolt down over the BTF winch plate.

Old January 16th 05, 12:50 AM
1BADYJ

Sorry, not the enforcer line, but the Warn Rockcrawler line of bumpers.
Its the optional front hoop. A little over 100 dollars. 4wd drive
hardware.

B/RB vacuum advance source? Nate Nagel Chrysler 58 November 11th 04 03:38 PM
frame rust--how to fix? Abeness Honda 5 November 10th 04 04:32 AM
Frame vs Sub- Frame? thanks [email protected] Antique cars 0 August 19th 04 02:14 PM
Frame vs Sub- Frame? [email protected] Antique cars 2 August 17th 04 02:04 AM