gas prices (kinda OT)

Old July 2nd 05, 03:12 PM
filip

Yeah, and
> Americans STILL bitch about "skyrocketing fuel prices!" I think we are

just
> spoiled. Then again, everyone here has to have the biggest SUV or truck on
> the market.

my thoughts EXACTLY ) man, you must have the biggest SUVs in the world! I
once saw a Dodge Ram, I couldn't believe that it's actually a "normal car"
there (us) )

Old July 2nd 05, 06:50 PM
Anax WRC

Użytkownik "filip" > napisał w wiadomości
> hey everyone
>

> I'm from Croatia (europe) and I'm just wondering, what are the gas prices
> at
> where *you* live?

Poland, 1 euro/L
but I've LPG installation so I pay 0,425 eurocents/L

>I'm
> driving a bmw 320i e30 ....having avg consumption about 11-12l/100km, this
> looks like a problem

I've the same car, consumption in the city:14 (lpg)
outside the city;10-11 lpg
and I do not drive slowly

we have to remember that car with lpg has about 20% bigger consumption than
on normal fuel
Anax

Old July 2nd 05, 10:50 PM
Trey

"filip" > wrote in message

> Yeah, and
>> Americans STILL bitch about "skyrocketing fuel prices!" I think we are

> just
>> spoiled. Then again, everyone here has to have the biggest SUV or truck
>> on
>> the market.
>>

> my thoughts EXACTLY ) man, you must have the biggest SUVs in the world!
> once saw a Dodge Ram, I couldn't believe that it's actually a "normal car"
> there (us) )

Parents will GIVE a Dodge ram 4x4 to their 16 year old kid here as soon as
they get their license. A mother will drive a Ford Excursion with two kids
in the back to soccer practice. Its crazy! I would love to see some report
come out to show the national average fuel economy for the countries around
the world. Then, when the US comes in at the very bottom of the list with
12mpg or less, then the American Public MIGHT change a little (as the rest
of the world laughs at us!) Yes, I have a Dodge Dakota, Yes, it has a 5.2
liter V8, I drive it about 2000 miles a year.The other 10,000 miles take
place on a motorcycle.

Old July 3rd 05, 03:09 AM
Mr. 6 2 U

Be thankful for those of us that don't live in Norway and have to pay
the last I heard $6.67 a gallon!

I"ve always been anti-smart but..................

Old July 3rd 05, 01:11 PM
Malt_Hound

Trey wrote:
> "filip" > wrote in message
>
>>Yeah, and
>>
>>>Americans STILL bitch about "skyrocketing fuel prices!" I think we are

>>just
>>
>>>spoiled. Then again, everyone here has to have the biggest SUV or truck
>>>on
>>>the market.
>>>

>>my thoughts EXACTLY ) man, you must have the biggest SUVs in the world!
>>once saw a Dodge Ram, I couldn't believe that it's actually a "normal car"
>>there (us) )
>>

> Parents will GIVE a Dodge ram 4x4 to their 16 year old kid here as soon as
> they get their license. A mother will drive a Ford Excursion with two kids
> in the back to soccer practice. Its crazy! I would love to see some report
> come out to show the national average fuel economy for the countries around
> the world. Then, when the US comes in at the very bottom of the list with
> 12mpg or less, then the American Public MIGHT change a little (as the rest
> of the world laughs at us!) Yes, I have a Dodge Dakota, Yes, it has a 5.2
> liter V8, I drive it about 2000 miles a year.The other 10,000 miles take
> place on a motorcycle.

How trendy to bash US drivers because there are a fraction that waste
fuel. Can you say - Generalization?

I am 100% certain that the average US driver does not get 12 mpg. I
mean come-on, I get that if I drive my Explorer w/ 5.0L V8 pulling my
boat trailer, which is almost all the mileage that car gets. The rest
of the time I drive one of my cars, which all get 24 mpg or better.

Are there people in the US that drive gigantic SUVs everyday. No doubt
there are... but (thankfully) they are a small minority.

If anyone really wanted to see signs of fuel gluttony, look around you
at all of the other vehicles, even the 40mpg "econo-boxes" the next time
you are in your daily commute. Almost every one of those cars has a
single person in it. Even a Dodge Ram can get better efficiency than a
one of the ultra mileage economy cars if we haul 3 or 4 people in one.

But I personally probably use less fuel than 98% of vehicle owners
worldwide, and I'm a motorhead auto enthusiast. How so? My commute is
via the internet. I don't even have to share the fuel use that the bus
or commuter train burns.

-Fred W
Old July 3rd 05, 02:53 PM
filip

"Anax WRC" > wrote in message

> Użytkownik "filip" > napisał w wiadomości
> > hey everyone
> >

> > I'm from Croatia (europe) and I'm just wondering, what are the gas

prices
> > at
> > where *you* live?

> Poland, 1 euro/L
> but I've LPG installation so I pay 0,425 eurocents/L
>
> >I'm
> > driving a bmw 320i e30 ....having avg consumption about 11-12l/100km,

this
> > looks like a problem

> I've the same car, consumption in the city:14 (lpg)
> outside the city;10-11 lpg
> and I do not drive slowly
>
> we have to remember that car with lpg has about 20% bigger consumption

than
> on normal fuel
> Anax

under LPG i presume you're speakin about liquid gas, the one that comes in
those orange iron bottles and is used for stoves...of course, the one you
use in your car is specially modified installation for cars. it consumes
about a liter more, but that liter is almost twice as cheaper than regular
gas.

Old July 4th 05, 03:53 AM
Trey

"filip" > wrote in message

> Yeah, and
>> Americans STILL bitch about "skyrocketing fuel prices!" I think we are

> just
>> spoiled. Then again, everyone here has to have the biggest SUV or truck
>> on
>> the market.
>>

> my thoughts EXACTLY ) man, you must have the biggest SUVs in the world!
> once saw a Dodge Ram, I couldn't believe that it's actually a "normal car"
> there (us) )

Here flip, this one is for you! This is what a typical parking lot looks
like. the Groceries store, the local High school, College, doesn't matter. I
took this pic in the Disneyland Parking lot. Every row looked just about
like that.
http://www.socalrider.net/2005/Trucks.jpg

Old July 4th 05, 04:03 AM
Trey

"Malt_Hound" > wrote in message
> Trey wrote:
>> "filip" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Yeah, and

>>>just

>>>my thoughts EXACTLY ) man, you must have the biggest SUVs in the
>>>world! I
>>>once saw a Dodge Ram, I couldn't believe that it's actually a "normal
>>>car"
>>>there (us) )
>>>

>> Parents will GIVE a Dodge ram 4x4 to their 16 year old kid here as soon
>> as they get their license. A mother will drive a Ford Excursion with two
>> kids in the back to soccer practice. Its crazy! I would love to see some
>> report come out to show the national average fuel economy for the
>> countries around the world. Then, when the US comes in at the very bottom
>> of the list with 12mpg or less, then the American Public MIGHT change a
>> little (as the rest of the world laughs at us!) Yes, I have a Dodge
>> Dakota, Yes, it has a 5.2 liter V8, I drive it about 2000 miles a
>> year.The other 10,000 miles take place on a motorcycle.

> How trendy to bash US drivers because there are a fraction that waste
> fuel. Can you say - Generalization?
>
> I am 100% certain that the average US driver does not get 12 mpg. I mean
> come-on, I get that if I drive my Explorer w/ 5.0L V8 pulling my boat
> trailer, which is almost all the mileage that car gets. The rest of the
> time I drive one of my cars, which all get 24 mpg or better.
>
> Are there people in the US that drive gigantic SUVs everyday. No doubt
> there are... but (thankfully) they are a small minority.
>
> If anyone really wanted to see signs of fuel gluttony, look around you at
> all of the other vehicles, even the 40mpg "econo-boxes" the next time you
> are in your daily commute. Almost every one of those cars has a single
> person in it. Even a Dodge Ram can get better efficiency than a one of
> the ultra mileage economy cars if we haul 3 or 4 people in one.
>
> But I personally probably use less fuel than 98% of vehicle owners
> worldwide, and I'm a motorhead auto enthusiast. How so? My commute is
> via the internet. I don't even have to share the fuel use that the bus or
> commuter train burns.
>
> -Fred W

If I could, I would walk to work. As for your comment about the dodge ram
getting better mileage per person, basically (if they car pooled) Well, I
will take that one even further. The 22 freeway (near my house) is serving
about 200,000 cars per day, and most of them, as you say, have one person in
them. If all the commuters shared their car with one other person, then
there would be close to half that number of cars on the freeway, That would
be that many fewer cars to fill the freeway and that much less traffic. With
the less traffic, there is a higher average speed. going from an average of
30 mph to 60 mph, the cars would be able to run at a steady speed (which is
more fuel efficient) and the cars would be able to run in over drive,
running the engine at a lower RPM for its speed, compared to 30... My truck
for example, it has the in car gas mileage read out, at 30 mph, I get about
8-10 mpg, if I am going 65, I get 16-18 mpg.
Come to OC some time, Yes, there are a lot of smaller economy-type cars, but
I would say the trucks and SUV are the majority here.

Old July 4th 05, 04:04 AM
Trey

"filip" > wrote in message

> "Anax WRC" > wrote in message
>>
>> Użytkownik "filip" > napisał w wiadomości
>> > hey everyone
>> >

>> > I'm from Croatia (europe) and I'm just wondering, what are the gas

> prices
>> > at
>> > where *you* live?

>> Poland, 1 euro/L
>> but I've LPG installation so I pay 0,425 eurocents/L
>>
>> >I'm
>> > driving a bmw 320i e30 ....having avg consumption about 11-12l/100km,

> this
>> > looks like a problem

>> I've the same car, consumption in the city:14 (lpg)
>> outside the city;10-11 lpg
>> and I do not drive slowly
>>
>> we have to remember that car with lpg has about 20% bigger consumption

> than
>> on normal fuel
>> Anax
>>

> under LPG i presume you're speakin about liquid gas, the one that comes in
> those orange iron bottles and is used for stoves...of course, the one you
> use in your car is specially modified installation for cars. it consumes
> about a liter more, but that liter is almost twice as cheaper than regular
> gas.

What kind of range do you get on a fill? how easy is it to find a filling
station for it?

Old July 4th 05, 09:38 AM
Anax WRC

Użytkownik "Trey" > napisał w wiadomości

> What kind of range do you get on a fill?

i don't understand

> how easy is it to find a filling station for it?

in poland, very easy, on every street. germany, it's more difficult but
possible.
holland-no problem, france- possible, lithuania- no problem.
Anax