Honda audio - "PC Card" - ??? (Help!)

Old August 1st 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dale Gribble

Default Honda audio - "PC Card" - ??? (Help!)

I'm dying to try playing some music in our new 2006 Civic, and
the navi/audio system has a slot that the owner's manual says will
accept various flash memory cards (CompactFlash, SD cards, etc.)
BUT...

WHAT exactly is the "PC Card" adapter that I need in order to plug
my flash memory cards into the slot? As God is my witness, I thought
I was tech-savvy, but this one eludes me.... I have searched NEWEGG.COM
and Googled various online Honda forums but I still can't seem to find this
thing!

Old August 1st 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion[_1_]

Dale Gribble wrote:
> I'm dying to try playing some music in our new 2006 Civic, and
> the navi/audio system has a slot that the owner's manual says will
> accept various flash memory cards (CompactFlash, SD cards, etc.)
> BUT...
>
> WHAT exactly is the "PC Card" adapter that I need in order to plug
> my flash memory cards into the slot? As God is my witness, I thought
> I was tech-savvy, but this one eludes me.... I have searched NEWEGG.COM
> and Googled various online Honda forums but I still can't seem to find this
> thing!

Well without seeing the deck itself, this is just a guess, but "PC Card" is
typically the more "friendly" name given the PCMCIA cards that almost all
laptops use for device expansion. You can get adapters that will fit most
different flash-memory cards, which are used mostly for laptops that don't have
built-in card readers.

Here are some examples:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-PCMCIA-to-Co...QQcmdZViewItem
http://reviews.cnet.com/SimpleTech_F..._7-204963.html
Old August 1st 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dale Gribble

Thanks Matt! That sounds like just the ticket!

Old August 1st 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
hardtstein

I have tried a 4 gb. compact flash card in my 2006 Civic. Various
track access is very , very, slow with this large card. A 512 mb. card
works much better. Just a thought.
Old August 1st 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion[_1_]

hardtstein wrote:
> I have tried a 4 gb. compact flash card in my 2006 Civic. Various
> track access is very , very, slow with this large card. A 512 mb. card
> works much better. Just a thought.

If you've removed and added many songs, the card's filesystem may be be badly
fragmented (they do after all only use FAT32), and that could account for the
slow access. Try defragging it on your computer, or just reformat it and recopy
all your songs to it.