Ran at the track last night!!

Old November 26th 04, 12:18 AM
Erik D.

Default Ran at the track last night!!

I must say I wasn't expecting what I got. I went to the line hoping for
any kind of 13 but expecting a low 14. Well, I launch hard and it
hooks, shifted into second and barely spun. I was impressed until I
felt the traction control kick in. Damn, I forgot it on. Well, I
turned it off once i got into third after a little spin, and continued
driving, kind of dissapointed but I gave it my best shot otherwise and
the car felt really strong. I figured if that wasn't a 13 second run,
then it would be tough to get one despite the traction control because
other than that I drove the hell out of it. Well, I go to pick up my
slip and I was more than happy to see a 13.65 at 102.3. I never would
have imagined my car was that fast. It does have 4.10's, CAI, and full
exhaust(lontubes, catless prochamber, and flows) but I still didn't
expect that. Yall think it has something else done that I don't know
about?? I dunno honestly, I am not too familiar with these mod motor
cars yet. whatcha think?
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

Old November 26th 04, 05:33 AM

Pretty impressive time! 4.10's & tires will help a *ton*. Make the car feel
entirely different. I have 3.73's & i'm fairly happy with them... although I
am *considering* going to 4.10's :/. CAI didn't do squat for your N/A motor
though . Full exhaust helped on top-end I imagine... but those 4.10's take
care of getting to the top-end . Good job. Way to represent Mustangs .

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old November 26th 04, 03:30 PM
Christopher Shea

hey that is pretty good! did you only get one run? and were you using the
stock gatorbacks? or what kind oif tires

102 mph is a nice trap

i just bought a set of bfg drag radials on separate rims for the strip that
i hope to use pretty soon

chris
04 cobra vert

Old November 26th 04, 04:10 PM

Let us know how long those drag radials last .

-Mike

Old November 28th 04, 05:27 PM
Erik D.

Christopher Shea wrote:
> hey that is pretty good! did you only get one run? and were you using the
> stock gatorbacks? or what kind oif tires
>
> 102 mph is a nice trap
>
> i just bought a set of bfg drag radials on separate rims for the strip that
> i hope to use pretty soon
>
> chris
> 04 cobra vert

Thanks!! Yes that was on stock goodyears. Unfortanetly I only got one
run in. I was hoping for another run because I was gonna turn off the
traction control and powershift the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. Oh well,
there's always next time.

Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT