VW Classic questions..

Old February 1st 05, 01:27 PM
Pat

Default VW Classic questions..

Hi..my wife and I are planning a trip(we're from the east coast of
Canada..New Brunswick) to California for June this year...and are planning
to attend the VW Classic...I wonder if anyone can confirm the dates,
location, etc..seems like the web site: http://www.bugorama.com/classic.html
is still stuck in 2004 mode. The weekend would be friday jun10 through
the12th correct? Are the promotors the same folks as last year?? Anyone
involved with the org. here? Read something about tours of shops..West Coast
Classics//Lenny Copp's place etc. Any info or extra contact info greatly
appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Pat Richard http://www.geocities.com/patsvw/

http://www.geocities.com/fredvwclub/

ps..Has Anna from BC been around at all...wonder how 'Belle' is doing?

Old February 1st 05, 07:22 PM
Jim Lev

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:27:08 GMT, "Pat" > wrote:

>Hi..my wife and I are planning a trip(we're from the east coast of
>Canada..New Brunswick) to California for June this year...and are planning
>to attend the VW Classic...I wonder if anyone can confirm the dates,
>location, etc..seems like the web site: http://www.bugorama.com/classic.html
>is still stuck in 2004 mode. The weekend would be friday jun10 through
>the12th correct? Are the promotors the same folks as last year?? Anyone
>involved with the org. here? Read something about tours of shops..West Coast
>Classics//Lenny Copp's place etc. Any info or extra contact info greatly
>appreciated!!
>Thanks!!
>
>Pat Richard http://www.geocities.com/patsvw/
>
>http://www.geocities.com/fredvwclub/

I live about 10 miles south of where the VW Classic is held. Its right
adjacent to the city of Lake Forest, but could be "over the line" and
in the city of Irvine. Its at a place locally known as the "old Lion
Country Safari." Its in south Orange County, about 15 miles or so
south of John Wayne airport. If possible, you want to arrive at "John
Wayne" and NOT "LAX" which is about 70 miles furthur north. You do NOT
want to arrive at Ontario airport either as its about 60 miles
northeast.

June 10-12 "sounds" about right but I'm not certain as its a bit early
for any ads to have shown up yet in VW magazines.

Give me a call on my "cell" and, if I'm not called away by my wife to
do something else, I'll give you a "tour" of the area and down to the
beaches if you like? I think that Saturday will be the BIG day at the
car show, so you'll likely want to be there most of the day. That
leaves Sunday for "touism," assuming you're arriving Friday "PM?" but
on Sunday all the "parts houses" are closed.

Jim (949)547-1450

Want to buy a NICE restored Bug while you're here?

See: http://www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info/

Old February 1st 05, 07:54 PM
Pat

That's a very nice bug you've got there...kinda got my hands full with my 67
though!!..Might give you a call on the way by..Thanks! Pat