Taking a new Vette for a 'test drive' at a Dealership

Old July 17th 05, 06:04 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

Default Taking a new Vette for a 'test drive' at a Dealership

Just wondering if anyone here has ran into a problem doing so ? Do they
try to qualify you as a bonified buyer first , or, are they pretty lax
about it ? Maybe theyd be convinced if you pulled up in an older Vette
you own (?) .

Old July 17th 05, 07:21 PM
L DaVinci

Most dealers don't have a car available to test drive and want to keep
the ones they do have in 'new' condition. And, of course, many
dealers are still trying to markup the price while big dealers are
discounting $$$$. Unless you go to one of the big dealers that have
demo cars (or even used ones) available, you'll probably be out of
luck.

Old July 19th 05, 01:32 PM
sbright

That always amazes me. How do they think people can buy a car without a
testdrive?
I ran into a similar problem when I was looking at a Cadillac CTS-V. They
even had the
doors locked in the showroom.

-Stan

Old July 20th 05, 12:17 AM
dave

'That always amazes me. How do they think people can buy a car without a
testdrive?
I ran into a similar problem when I was looking at a Cadillac CTS-V.
They even had the
doors locked in the showroom.
-Stan'

REply: I think if i were to sell my 1970 BB Vette, id have to figure
out a way to week out the 'TestDrivers' from the credible ones ; any
thoughts on how to go about doing that (short of asking for a copy of
thier W2) ??

Old July 20th 05, 07:28 AM
Tom in Missouri

If he gets there, spends two minutes looking, and says, "Let's go for a
ride," he probably is just there for the ride. But if he looks it all over,
looks underneath, checks under the hood and various things, and spends 15,
30, 45 minutes checking out the car before anything is said about a ride,
then he is probably a serious prospect.

It doesn't mean he will buy after the ride, but the first guy definitely
isn't.

Old July 22nd 05, 12:56 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

'If he gets there, spends two minutes looking, and says, "Let's go for a
ride," he probably is just there for the ride. But if he looks it all
over, looks underneath, checks under the hood and various things, and
spends 15, 30, 45 minutes checking out the car before anything is said
about a ride, then he is probably a serious prospect.
It doesn't mean he will buy after the ride, but the first guy definitely
isn't.'

Reply: Would you have any problem telling the first guy : "Sorry, no
ride for you" ?? What is an accurate way of prequalifying a
prospective buyer for your corvette ?

Old July 22nd 05, 05:26 PM
'Key

"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in
message
> 'If he gets there, spends two minutes looking, and says,
> "Let's go for a
> ride," he probably is just there for the ride. But if he
> looks it all
> over, looks underneath, checks under the hood and various
> things, and
> spends 15, 30, 45 minutes checking out the car before
> anything is said
> about a ride, then he is probably a serious prospect.
> It doesn't mean he will buy after the ride, but the first
> guy definitely
> isn't.'
>
> Reply: Would you have any problem telling the first guy :
> "Sorry, no
> ride for you" ?? What is an accurate way of
> prequalifying a
> prospective buyer for your corvette ?

personally, I would drive it first and then check out the
rest of the car.
then probably go home and sleep on it before making my
decision.

I have a friend that went into a high end dealership to buy
a certain german made car.
he asked the salesman how much?
the salesman responded "if you have to ask? you can't
afford it"
my friend turned and walked out.
my friend then went to another local dealer,
paid cash on the spot and drove his new car home.
so,
ya see not every buyer reacts the same.

my2˘
--
"Key"

Old July 22nd 05, 05:30 PM
'Key

"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in
message
> 'If he gets there, spends two minutes looking, and says,
> "Let's go for a
> ride," he probably is just there for the ride. But if he
> looks it all
> over, looks underneath, checks under the hood and various
> things, and
> spends 15, 30, 45 minutes checking out the car before
> anything is said
> about a ride, then he is probably a serious prospect.
> It doesn't mean he will buy after the ride, but the first
> guy definitely
> isn't.'
>
> Reply: Would you have any problem telling the first guy :
> "Sorry, no
> ride for you" ?? What is an accurate way of
> prequalifying a
> prospective buyer for your corvette ?

dave,
ever heard of using quotes when posting on usenet?
believe even web-tv can do that for ya :-)

--
"Key"

Old July 23rd 05, 12:38 AM
Dave in Lake Villa

go for a
ride," he probably is just there for the ride. But if he looks it all
over, looks underneath, checks under the hood and various things, and
spends 15, 30, 45 minutes checking out the car before anything is said
about a ride, then he is probably a serious prospect. It doesn't mean he
will buy after the ride, but the first guy definitely
isn't.' <<<<<<<

dave,
ever heard of using quotes when posting on usenet? believe even web-tv
can do that for ya :-)
--
"Key"

REPLY: Key, look up above at the arrows ; arent they pointing to a
quote ??!! I use quotes on usernet and every-other-kind-of net.

Old July 23rd 05, 12:31 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

P.S. Key, i come here to talk Corvettes being a Corvette Owner . I
hope you will put your focus on that also . If its extremely important
to you to have someone respond the way you think it should be done,
then, feel free to email me the Written Authoratative Web Standard for
making a reply to a post...and i will abide by it ; otherwise, im not
interested in nor do i pattern my life after others desires for the way
i should be . Thank you in advance,

Dave