Why Citi Group, but not GM

Old November 24th 08, 08:26 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
HLS

Default Why Citi Group, but not GM

"C. E. White" > wrote in message
> So will many other credit card companies. Citi Bank should be allowed to
> crash and burn as far as I am concerned. I want them to send my portion of
> the billions they are going send to Citi Bank to GM instead.

If we started a charity for GM, would you send your cash money, Ed?

I am sure I can get an address.

Better still, send me the money and when I get $25 billion, I will
immediately
forward it to the car maker of your choice. ;>)

Old November 24th 08, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
C. E. White[_1_]

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>> The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties,
>> Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common
>> Defence and general Welfare of the United States.....
>>
>> Ed

> Er, it might be stretched paper thin to make that clause work, but
> the Supreme
> Court, George Bush, and the Congress have made just such stretches
> of fantasy
> in recent times.

Try FDR in the thirties...

Ed

Old November 24th 08, 08:32 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
C. E. White[_1_]

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>> So will many other credit card companies. Citi Bank should be
>> allowed to crash and burn as far as I am concerned. I want them to
>> send my portion of the billions they are going send to Citi Bank to
>> GM instead.

> If we started a charity for GM, would you send your cash money, Ed?
>
> I am sure I can get an address.
>
> Better still, send me the money and when I get $25 billion, I will
> immediately
> forward it to the car maker of your choice. ;>)

Send a note to Pelosi and have her send my share directly to you. No
need to handle it myself.

Ed

Old November 24th 08, 08:43 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
HLS

"C. E. White" > wrote in message news:492b0f66
> Send a note to Pelosi and have her send my share directly to you. No need
> to handle it myself.
>
> Ed

It is already in their hands, Ed....I am sure you will be hearing from
Wagoner soon.

Old November 24th 08, 09:29 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
uw_moving

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:54:09 -0500, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>Seems the Republicans are more than willing to give Citi Group as much
>money as they want, but won't lend GM a dime....where is the fairness
>in that?
>
>Having dealt with Citi credit cards, I can assure you anything bad you
>can say about GM is a drop in the pocket compared to Citi Group's
>dishonest practices. Citi Group is one of the financial organizations
>that is directly responsible for the current financial crisis.
>
>As I see it the Republicans are punishing Detroit automakers as a
>roundabout way of whacking the UAW. They are willing to risk
>destroying a major US industry because the UAW is in the Democrat's
>pocket. They forget that UAW members have helped get many Republicans
>elected despite the wishes of the UAW fat cats. And come Democrats
>[Pelosi] are willing to let the Detroit three go under because they
>are short sighted and stupid. They figure the Japanese will build the
>cars they want us to have, if they have to let us have cars at all.
>
>Ed

Perhaps the Gov't realizes that Citi Group is a bank made up of
ordinary employees whereas GM/Ford/ChryCo are populated by, and still
trying to support a pool of leeches.

Let GM/Ford/ChryCo go bust, Nationalize the assets Pay the Porsche
management to repopulate the employee & management pool for 5 years
and then sell the company back into the market.

The old employee's? Not to worry, St.Obama will provide "free"
national heathcare and a wonderful welfare state.

I look at it this way, Porsche has so/so products but wonderful
employee's. The big 3 potentially have great products but.....
Old November 24th 08, 09:29 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
fred

"C. E. White" > wrote in

> Seems the Republicans are more than willing to give Citi Group as much
> money as they want, but won't lend GM a dime....where is the fairness
> in that?

Not the party per se, but the moron at the peak. The original bailout was
*his* idea and the congress were ablt to only change it *slightly* without
him vetoing it. Send the bum to jail, save his parents more grief.
Old November 24th 08, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
Mike Hunter[_2_]

If you read your agreement you will see that whenever a CC provider changes
the contract they have with a customer, the customer has the right to close
the account and pay off any balance under the rules of your contract. They
tell you that whenever they make changes authorized by the latest banking
laws.

As to mail problems what someone may have told you in NOT correct. One
need only remind the CC provider or any other person of the fact, of which
they ARE aware, that under the US postal laws mail becomes the property of
the addressee when it is postmarked, same as with ones tax return. Recipe,
or posting dates, are immaterial. You can not be held responsible for the
idiosyncrasies of the mail or their accounting practices. It is their
responsibility to prove it was postmarked after the due date.

Old November 24th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
fred

Tim > wrote in
:

> HLS wrote:
>>
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>>> Seems the Republicans are more than willing to give Citi Group as much
>>> money as they want, but won't lend GM a dime....where is the fairness
>>> in that?

>> Life isnt fair always, Ed. The effect of a failure of Citi Group on
>> the global
>> economy would be far more disastrous than the failure of GM, frankly.
>>
>> I think that the government will eventually choose to help GM, and the
>> others,
>> but those ****teaux's had better come in with a plan and an attitude
>> change.

> The Senators have created this whole banking problem not to mention the
> US auto industry problem.
> They allow all of these cars to come into the country from third world
> countries and expect workers to compete in wages. How stupid are they or
> don't they care about Joe Six Pack?

Once again with reality engaged? The US auto companies can't even compete
with foreign companies making cars with US union employees in the US.
They're badly run pure and simple. Too much of a monopoly does that. Look
how pathetic their explanations were to congress on what they would *do*
with the money. And they aren't even accountants or economists. Just politicians.
Friendly ones. I as a Canadian will be glad to see them go. Maybe we can
have our *own* auto companies again instead of the poorly suited crap
that comes out of Detroit.
Old November 24th 08, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
Tim[_16_]

HLS wrote:

> "Tim" > wrote in message news:ce0a5$492b00ac$cef8ac46
>> The Senators have created this whole banking problem not to mention
>> the US auto industry problem.
>> They allow all of these cars to come into the country from third world
>> countries and expect workers to compete in wages. How stupid are they
>> or don't they care about Joe Six Pack?

> The decision was made a long time ago that protectionism was negative to
> the
> US and world economy.

By whom? Ronald Reagan?

Old November 24th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Tim[_16_]

fred wrote:
> Tim > wrote in
> :
>
>> HLS wrote:
>>> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>>> Life isnt fair always, Ed. The effect of a failure of Citi Group on
>>> the global
>>> economy would be far more disastrous than the failure of GM, frankly.
>>>
>>> I think that the government will eventually choose to help GM, and the
>>> others,
>>> but those ****teaux's had better come in with a plan and an attitude
>>> change.

>> The Senators have created this whole banking problem not to mention the
>> US auto industry problem.
>> They allow all of these cars to come into the country from third world
>> countries and expect workers to compete in wages. How stupid are they or
>> don't they care about Joe Six Pack?

> Once again with reality engaged? The US auto companies can't even compete
> with foreign companies making cars with US union employees in the US.
> They're badly run pure and simple. Too much of a monopoly does that. Look
> how pathetic their explanations were to congress on what they would *do*
> with the money. And they aren't even accountants or economists. Just politicians.
> Friendly ones. I as a Canadian will be glad to see them go. Maybe we can
> have our *own* auto companies again instead of the poorly suited crap
> that comes out of Detroit.

Sure. Do you realize how much money and R&D it takes to build a car
these days?
The car companies in the US can compete easily with the foreign cars
made in Canada and the US. That is not the problem.
And the cars are just as good.