2009 Accord Rear Speakers

Old January 31st 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dristan24

Default 2009 Accord Rear Speakers

One of the rear speakers has blown in our 2009 Accord, and needs to be
replaced. Does anyone know how to remove the covers and speakers? As
well, does anyone know what size the speakers are (6x9???), and what
they should be replaced with?
Old January 31st 10, 01:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

Would not your warranty cover this?

Old January 31st 10, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

TomP > wrote in :

> dristan24 wrote:
>
>> One of the rear speakers has blown in our 2009 Accord, and needs to be
>> replaced. Does anyone know how to remove the covers and speakers? As
>> well, does anyone know what size the speakers are (6x9???), and what
>> they should be replaced with?

> I agree, this should be covered by warranty, unless out by mileage.

Even if out by mileage, this sort of thing is often covered under the
"goodwill" warranty, so it's still /not/ a good idea to monkey with it
until warranty coverage is definitely ruled out.

OP should visit his dealer and ask them to fix it.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old February 1st 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dristan24

On Jan 31, 5:33*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> TomP > wrote :
>
> > dristan24 wrote:

> >> One of the rear speakers has blown in our 2009 Accord, and needs to be
> >> replaced. Does anyone know how to remove the covers and speakers? As
> >> well, does anyone know what size the speakers are (6x9???), and what
> >> they should be replaced with?

> > * * I agree, this should be covered by warranty, unless out by mileage.

> Even if out by mileage, this sort of thing is often covered under the
> "goodwill" warranty, so it's still /not/ a good idea to monkey with it
> until warranty coverage is definitely ruled out.
>
> OP should visit his dealer and ask them to fix it.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Agreed. The warranty is still valid, and Honda will cover the repair.
My issue is that the factory supplied speakers are woefully
inadequate, and I would like to replace them with something more
competent. I am pretty sure that Honda would not install the speakers
I supply. It sounds like I have no other option, other than going back
to the factory speakers.
Old February 1st 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

dristan24 > wrote in
:

> On Jan 31, 5:33*pm, Tegger > wrote:

>> OP should visit his dealer and ask them to fix it.
>>

> Agreed. The warranty is still valid, and Honda will cover the repair.
> My issue is that the factory supplied speakers are woefully
> inadequate,

Were you running them at full-volume all the time?

It might have simply been a defective speaker, you know. Potential defects
are the reason you have a warranty in the first place.

> and I would like to replace them with something more
> competent. I am pretty sure that Honda would not install the speakers
> I supply.

Honda does not work on customer cars.

The dealer, on the other hand, might be willing to install your speakers,
but they'll probably give you dire warnings about warranty invalidation.
Many electrical problems are due to people monkeying with the factory
harness.

> It sounds like I have no other option, other than going back
> to the factory speakers.

Right now that would be an excellent idea. Keep your car OEM for the
duration of the warranty, then do what you like after that.

Old February 2nd 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
See signature for email address[_2_]

dristan24 > wrote:
> Agreed. The warranty is still valid, and Honda will cover the repair.
> My issue is that the factory supplied speakers are woefully
> inadequate, and I would like to replace them with something more
> competent. I am pretty sure that Honda would not install the speakers
> I supply. It sounds like I have no other option, other than going back
> to the factory speakers.

Try Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com). They typically have all
the right harnesses for after market speakers.

===
Khalid Aziz
Old February 2nd 10, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"See signature for email address" > wrote in message
> dristan24 > wrote:
>> Agreed. The warranty is still valid, and Honda will cover the repair.
>> My issue is that the factory supplied speakers are woefully
>> inadequate, and I would like to replace them with something more
>> competent. I am pretty sure that Honda would not install the speakers
>> I supply. It sounds like I have no other option, other than going back
>> to the factory speakers.

> Try Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com). They typically have all
> the right harnesses for after market speakers.

They also have the various charts to tell one what does or does not fit and
usually include adapter harnesses for free with applicable purchase (as well
as detailed instructions on performing the installation with pictures
specific to your car).

Old February 3rd 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_2_]

> "dristan24" wrote

> Agreed. The warranty is still valid, and Honda will cover the repair.

My issue is that the factory supplied speakers are woefully
inadequate, and I would like to replace them with something more
competent. I am pretty sure that Honda would not install the speakers
I supply. It sounds like I have no other option, other than going back
to the factory speakers.

--------------

Two things: 1) After suffering through years of Honda's rear speakers being
"woefully inadequate" and having to change them out, my 2004 Accord EX's
speakers are more than just fine. I saw no need to replace them. I'm a bass
player, should that mean anything. Unless the 2009's are a lot worse than
mine, I don't know that replacements will be all that much better. Maybe,
maybe not.

2) For my then new 1997 Civic I bought replacement 6x9 Polk speakers (from
Crutchfield), and took the car to my dealer asking for help. (Both front and
rear OEM's were awful.) The service manager, white shirt and all, crawled
into the trunk and removed the rear shelf, removed the required portions of
the back seat.... then handed me back the car. I drove it to a quiet area of
the lot and replaced the speakers. Then I brought the car back to the
service area where, as I recall, they put it all back together. No charge.
It was the second new car I'd bought from them, so I guess after seven years
they must have grown to like me.