Where the World's Unsold New Cars Go To Die

Old May 17th 14, 04:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.autos.tech
HomeGuy

Default Where the World's Unsold New Cars Go To Die

If this is true, then who is financing this pile of cars?

Especially in Europe, especially in the UK (where most of these pictures
are taken)

---------------------

In the past several years, one of the topics covered in detail on these
pages has been the surge in such gimmicks designed to disguise lack of
demand and end customer sales, used extensively by US automotive
manufacturers, better known as "channel stuffing", of which General
Motors is particularly guilty and whose inventory at dealer lots just
hit a new record high. But did you know that when it comes to flat or
declining sales and stagnant end demand, channel stuffing is merely the
beginning?

Presenting...

Where the World's Unsold Cars Go To Die (courtesy of Vincent Lewis'
Unsold Cars)

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...5/cars%201.jpg

Above is just a few of the thousands upon thousands of unsold cars at
Sheerness, United Kingdom. Please do see this on Google Maps....type in
Sheerness, United Kingdom. Look to the west coast, below River Thames
next to River Medway. Left of A249, Brielle Way.

Friday, May 16th, 2014.

There are hundreds of places like this in the world today and they keep
on piling up...

THE WORLDS UNSOLD CAR STOCKPILE

Houston...We have a problem!...Nobody is buying brand new cars anymore!
Well they are, but not on the scale they once were. Millions of brand
new unsold cars are just sitting redundant on runways and car parks
around the world. There, they stay, slowly deteriorating without being
maintained.

Below is an image of a massive car park at Swindon, United Kingdom, with
thousands upon thousands of unsold cars just sitting there with not a
buyer in sight. The car manufacturers have to buy more and more land
just to park their cars as they perpetually roll off the production
line.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...5/cars%202.jpg

There is proof that the worlds recession is still biting and wont let
go. All around the world there are huge stockpiles of unsold cars and
they are being added to every day. They have run out of space to park
all of these brand new unsold cars and are having to buy acres and acres
of land to store them.

NOTE:

The images on this webpage showing all of these unsold cars are just a
very small portion of those around the world. There are literally
thousands of these "car parks" rammed full of unsold cars in practically
every country on the planet. Just in case you were wondering, these
images have not been Photoshopped, they are the real deal!

Its hard to believe that there are so many unsold cars in the world but
its true. The worse part is that the amount of unsold cars keeps on
getting bigger every day.

It would be fair to say that it is becoming a mechanical epidemic of
epic proportions. If anybody from outer space is reading this webpage,
we here on Earth have too many cars, why not come and buy a few hundred
thousand of them for your own planet! (sorry but this is all I can think
of)

Below is shown just a few of the 57,000 cars (and growing) that await
delivery from their home in the Port of Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A. With
Google Maps look South of Broening Hwy in Dundalk for the massive
expanse of space where all these cars are parked up.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau.../cars%203.jpeg

The car industry would never sell these cars at massive reductions in
their prices to get rid of them, no they still want every buck. If they
were to price these cars for a couple of thousand they would sell them.
However, nobody would then buy any expensive cars and then they would
end up being unsold. Its quite a pickle we have gotten ourselves into.

Below is shown an image of the Nissan test track in Sunderland United
Kingdom. Only it is no longer being used, reason...there are too many
unsold cars parked up on it! The amount of cars keeps on piling up on
it until its overflowing. Nissan then acquires more land to park up the
cars, as they continue to come off the production line.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...5/cars%205.jpg

UPDATE: Currently May 16th, 2014, all of these cars at the Nissan
Sunderland test track have disappeared? Now I don't believe they have
all suddenly been sold. I would guess they may have been taken away and
recycled to make room for the next vast production run.

Indeed next to that test track and adjacent to the Nissan factory, they
are collating again as shown on the Google Maps image below. So where
did the last lot go? This is not an employees car park by the way.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau.../05/nissan.jpg

None of the images on this webpage are of ordinary car parks at shopping
malls, football matches etc. Trust me, they are just mountains and
mountains of brand spanking new unsold cars. There is no real reason why
you should be driving an old clunker now is there?

The car industry cannot stop making new cars because they would have to
close their factories and lay off tens of thousands of employees. This
would further add to the recession. Also the domino effect would be
catastrophic as steel manufactures would not sell their steel. All the
tens of thousands of places where car components are made would also be
effected, indeed the world could come to a grinding halt.

Below is shown just a small area of a gigantic car park in Spain where
tens of thousands of cars just sit and sunbathe all day.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...5/cars%206.jpg

Tens of thousands of cars are still being made every week but hardly any
of them are being sold. Nearly every household in developed countries
already has a car or even two or three cars parked up on their driveway
as it is.

Below is an image of thousands upon thousands of unsold cars parked up
on a runway near St Petersburg in Russia. They are all imported from
Europe, they are all then parked up and they are all then left to rot.
Consequently, the airport is now unusable for its original purpose.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau.../05/cars94.jpg

Below are parked tens of thousands of cars at Royal Portbury Docks,
Avonmouth, near Bristol in the United Kingdom. If you look on Google
Maps and scan around the area at say 200ft you will see nothing but
parked up unsold cars. They are absolutley everywhere in that area
practically every open space has unsold cars parked up on it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...mouth-cars.jpg

Below is that same area in Avonmouth, UK, but zoomed out. Every gray
space that you see is filled with unsold cars. Anyone want to hazard a
guess at how many are there...

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...uth-unsold.jpg

When a car is left standing idle, all the oil sinks to the bottom of the
sump, and then corrosion begins to set in on all the internal engine
parts where the oil has drained away.

Cold corrosion is when condensation builds up in the cylinders and rust
forms in the bores. The engines would then start to seize and would need
to be professionally freed before they could be started. Also the tires
start to lose air and the batteries start to go flat, indeed the
detrimental list goes on and on.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau.../05/cars93.jpg

So the longer they sit there the worse it slowly becomes for them. What
is the answer to this? Well they need to be sold and that just isn't
happening.

The epidemic is not improving, it is getting worse. Car manufactureres
are constantly coming out with new models with the latest technology in
them. Hence prospective buyers of, for example, a new Citroen Xsara
Picasso want the latest model, not last years model. Hence all the
unsold Citroen Xsara Picasso cars from the previous year will now have
even lesser chance of being sold.

The problems then just keep on mounting up. In the end, the unsold cars
that are say 2 years old will have no alternative but to be either
crushed up, dismantled and/or their parts recycled.

Some car manufacturers moved their production over to China, General
Motors and Cadillac are examples of this. They are then shipped over in
containers and unloaded at ports. However they are now being told to
put a big halt in their import into the U.S.A. as they just can't sell
them in the quantities they would desire. Consequently Chinese car
parks are now filling up with brand new American cars. Well nobody in
China can afford them on their meagre pittance wages, so there they will
stay until our economy improves...which it might do in a few
generations.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ld-cars-go-die
Old May 17th 14, 07:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2014-05-17, HomeGuy <Home@Guy.com> wrote:
> If this is true, then who is financing this pile of cars?

The photos range from ordinary finished goods of car factories to normal
cars waiting to be shipped to mostly photos from 2009 or earlier when
sales tanked and those same facilities overflowed.

It's a window into the past and just plain misrepresentation. Could it
happen again? Possibly. But why five + year old stuff is circulating like
this I have no clue.

Old May 17th 14, 08:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 5/17/2014 1:05 PM, Brent wrote:
> On 2014-05-17, HomeGuy <Home@Guy.com> wrote:
>> If this is true, then who is financing this pile of cars?

> The photos range from ordinary finished goods of car factories to normal
> cars waiting to be shipped to mostly photos from 2009 or earlier when
> sales tanked and those same facilities overflowed.
>
> It's a window into the past and just plain misrepresentation. Could it
> happen again? Possibly. But why five + year old stuff is circulating like
> this I have no clue.

I do.

Unsold Cars JR[_8_] Technology 5 May 17th 14 07:15 PM
OT What happens to unsold cars? salad Technology 6 February 8th 07 10:57 AM
The Best Cars in the World Philospher Technology 29 January 4th 07 06:39 PM
What do dealers do with unsold cars? 223rem Driving 4 October 21st 05 11:00 PM
Dream Cars, The Best Cars in the World Rare Old Things Antique cars 0 February 14th 04 04:38 AM