Bluetooth?

Old July 24th 05, 03:26 PM
Daz

Default Bluetooth?

Hi,

I'm about to buy a BMW (2004) that's fitted with the bluetooth phone option.

The sales guy paired my phone and it seemed to work ok, showed the number of
the person calling me on the front of the stereo anyway. However he pressed
the button that's supposed to allow me to scroll through my names / numbers
and make a call, this didn't work.

I have a K700i but have the option of changing this for something else, but
all the bluetooth phones approved by BMW are, erm, rubbish?

Any advice? I read something that said you have to have the names on your
sim and not the phone, is this perhaps the reason why it doesn't work?

Thanks

Daz

Old July 24th 05, 04:26 PM
Steve Garey

I have a Nokia 6310i which worked very well with my E39 530d. I could scroll
through my numbers on both phone and sim memories.

Cheers
"Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to buy a BMW (2004) that's fitted with the bluetooth phone

option.

> The sales guy paired my phone and it seemed to work ok, showed the number

of
> the person calling me on the front of the stereo anyway. However he

pressed
> the button that's supposed to allow me to scroll through my names /

numbers
> and make a call, this didn't work.
>
> I have a K700i but have the option of changing this for something else,

but
> all the bluetooth phones approved by BMW are, erm, rubbish?
>
> Any advice? I read something that said you have to have the names on your
> sim and not the phone, is this perhaps the reason why it doesn't work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Daz

Blackberry + Bluetooth + 2003 530i? Brian BMW 3 July 21st 05 05:23 PM
Sprint phones that work with bluetooth???? Gary Rall BMW 4 January 30th 05 09:54 PM
2004 M3 and Bluetooth John E Yurkon BMW 0 January 10th 05 01:20 AM
Bluetooth John E Yurkon BMW 8 December 30th 04 04:48 PM
Bluetooth Hatman BMW 2 October 17th 04 03:31 PM