Haynes or Chilton's manual for 2003 Grand Caravan?

Old April 15th 06, 11:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Haynes or Chilton's manual for 2003 Grand Caravan?

I enjoy performing my own repairs and maintenace and have books for a
1994 Wrangler and Kawasaki motorcycle. I have been unable to find a
book for my 2003 GC though. I initially thought it may be too early
to publish them, but now my GC has almost 50K miles, and I'm anxious to
perfrom some maintenance. I'm in NC and have been to Auto Zone, Napa
and Advance Auto Parts and even the salespeople cannot find these
manuals in their systems. I have also been to Haynes and Chilton's
website with no result.

Does anyone have any idea why these manuals aren't in print? Are you
able to get these in your local store?

Thanks,

James

PS I can't find a manual for my 2003 Camry either!

Old April 16th 06, 12:51 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

> >Does anyone have any idea why these manuals aren't in print? Are you
> >able to get these in your local store?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >James

> Go to your local Crysler deater poarts department and order the
> factory manual set. More expensive than the Chiltons/Haynes, but
> infinately more useful as well.
> >
> >PS I can't find a manual for my 2003 Camry either!

I have considered the factory set of manuals but was a little hesitant
to buy because they are much more detailed. I like the
Haynes/Chilton's because they are written for the DIYer with mostly
maintenance in mind, and have great illustrations. I may go that route
if I can't find a more basic book. Thanks,

James

Old April 16th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

--

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I enjoy performing my own repairs and maintenace and have books for a
> 1994 Wrangler and Kawasaki motorcycle. I have been unable to find a
> book for my 2003 GC though. I initially thought it may be too early
> to publish them, but now my GC has almost 50K miles, and I'm anxious to
> perfrom some maintenance. I'm in NC and have been to Auto Zone, Napa
> and Advance Auto Parts and even the salespeople cannot find these
> manuals in their systems. I have also been to Haynes and Chilton's
> website with no result.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why these manuals aren't in print? Are you
> able to get these in your local store?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James
>
> PS I can't find a manual for my 2003 Camry either!

\
Haynes/Chilton Manuals are good for door stops and in the winter time they
are a good source of heat when you get low on firewood.
Stay away from them when it comes to repairing cars, they will get you in
trouble.
If you want a manual, purchase the set from Chrysler.

--
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old April 16th 06, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I enjoy performing my own repairs and maintenace and have books for a
>> 1994 Wrangler and Kawasaki motorcycle. I have been unable to find a
>> book for my 2003 GC though. I initially thought it may be too early
>> to publish them, but now my GC has almost 50K miles, and I'm anxious to
>> perfrom some maintenance. I'm in NC and have been to Auto Zone, Napa
>> and Advance Auto Parts and even the salespeople cannot find these
>> manuals in their systems. I have also been to Haynes and Chilton's
>> website with no result.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea why these manuals aren't in print? Are you
>> able to get these in your local store?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> James
>>
>> PS I can't find a manual for my 2003 Camry either!
>>

> \
> Haynes/Chilton Manuals are good for door stops and in the winter time they
> are a good source of heat when you get low on firewood.
> Stay away from them when it comes to repairing cars, they will get you in
> trouble.
> If you want a manual, purchase the set from Chrysler.
>
> --
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Maxpower is correct I have a dozen or so owners manuals on CDrom, I just
print out a working copy if needed and the CDs never get my greasy prints on
them let alone coffee or beer stains.

Coasty

Old April 17th 06, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

In article .com>,
says...

<clip>

James, the only option I see is for you to email Haynes and Chilton
and ask them why and when or if. There is just no way for us to read
their minds.

FS Haynes Manual 80, 90 & Coupe - RHD Tony Audi 0 November 2nd 04 04:36 AM
For Sale: Haynes manual for 89-95 Dodge Spirit and Plymouth Acclaim Tony H Dodge 0 August 26th 04 02:32 PM
Shop manual price Black Bomb Corvette 1 August 11th 04 03:27 PM
F.S in UK. Audi 100 & A6 Haynes Manual 1991-1997 Models Petrol & Diesel joe landy Audi 0 June 14th 04 06:33 PM