R.I.P Brocky

Old September 8th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Epstein

Default R.I.P Brocky

Please forgive the perocial nature of this post.

Peter Brock was my one and only sporting hero since I was a child. I watched
him win the Bathurst 1000 as a kid in his '05 Torana, and later dominate
Australian motor racing in his HSV Holden Commodore.

Brocky was quite simply a legend. He was the sole reason for my own entry
into motorsport. I had the chance to meet Peter on several occasions, on
each of which he was a totally down to earth, nice guy.

I am a rationalist atheist, but Peter Perfect as he was known was the one
guy I was convinced was immortal as far as motorsport was concerned. In his
long and distinguished career, he never sufferered anything worse than a
sore neck in any of his 'offs' - at least until Today.

What a tragedy that the 9 times Bathursr (Mt Panorama) champion was killed
in an insignificant rally driving what was little more than an un-sorted kit
car. Thankfully his end was quick, as he took the full force of a sideways
slide into a tree.

At least he died doing what he loved. The first person to the scene reported
that his right hand was still firmly gripped to the wheel, even after he had
passed away.

Brocky was and will always be a hero to my generation of Aussies. Though he
retired from full time racing many years ago, he couldn't keep away from his
passion. I don't think he ever wanted to grow really old, and now he has
gone out doing what he loved.

What a bloody tragic week for Australian heros...

Tim

Old September 8th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
COREY

> What a bloody tragic week for Australian heros...
>

> Tim

Heros? No.
Old September 8th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Phillip Thomas

"Tim Epstein" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Please forgive the perocial nature of this post.
>
> Peter Brock was my one and only sporting hero since I was a child. I

watched
> him win the Bathurst 1000 as a kid in his '05 Torana, and later dominate
> Australian motor racing in his HSV Holden Commodore.
>
> Brocky was quite simply a legend. He was the sole reason for my own entry
> into motorsport. I had the chance to meet Peter on several occasions, on
> each of which he was a totally down to earth, nice guy.
>
> I am a rationalist atheist, but Peter Perfect as he was known was the one
> guy I was convinced was immortal as far as motorsport was concerned. In

his
> long and distinguished career, he never sufferered anything worse than a
> sore neck in any of his 'offs' - at least until Today.
>
> What a tragedy that the 9 times Bathursr (Mt Panorama) champion was killed
> in an insignificant rally driving what was little more than an un-sorted

kit
> car. Thankfully his end was quick, as he took the full force of a sideways
> slide into a tree.
>
> At least he died doing what he loved. The first person to the scene

reported
> that his right hand was still firmly gripped to the wheel, even after he

had
> passed away.
>
> Brocky was and will always be a hero to my generation of Aussies. Though

he
> retired from full time racing many years ago, he couldn't keep away from

his
> passion. I don't think he ever wanted to grow really old, and now he has
> gone out doing what he loved.
>
> What a bloody tragic week for Australian heros...
>

> Tim

That's a damn shame. First Steve Irwin and now Peter Brock. I used to have a
video of 10 years at Bathurst and I remember Brock featuring heavily in it.
Wish I hadn't cleared it out now.

Bad week for Oz.

Old September 9th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

"Tim Epstein" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Please forgive the perocial nature of this post.
>
> Peter Brock was my one and only sporting hero since I was a child. I
> watched him win the Bathurst 1000 as a kid in his '05 Torana, and later
> dominate Australian motor racing in his HSV Holden Commodore.
>
> Brocky was quite simply a legend. He was the sole reason for my own entry
> into motorsport. I had the chance to meet Peter on several occasions, on
> each of which he was a totally down to earth, nice guy.
>
> I am a rationalist atheist, but Peter Perfect as he was known was the one
> guy I was convinced was immortal as far as motorsport was concerned. In
> his long and distinguished career, he never sufferered anything worse than
> a sore neck in any of his 'offs' - at least until Today.
>
> What a tragedy that the 9 times Bathursr (Mt Panorama) champion was killed
> in an insignificant rally driving what was little more than an un-sorted
> kit car. Thankfully his end was quick, as he took the full force of a
> sideways slide into a tree.
>
> At least he died doing what he loved. The first person to the scene
> reported that his right hand was still firmly gripped to the wheel, even
> after he had passed away.
>
> Brocky was and will always be a hero to my generation of Aussies. Though
> he retired from full time racing many years ago, he couldn't keep away
> from his passion. I don't think he ever wanted to grow really old, and now
> he has gone out doing what he loved.
>
> What a bloody tragic week for Australian heros...
>

> Tim

Hear hear.

Even as a Ford man, it is easy to appreciate what Pete did. His drive in
that 05 XU1 is one of my earliest and greatest memories of motorsport - the
polarizer idea one of the oddest - LOL

He's probably giving the man upstairs some driving tips as we type!

Farewell Pete.

Old September 15th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Milo Johnson

corey
Your a bloody idiot
MILO

Old September 15th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tango

"Milo Johnson" > wrote in
:

> corey
> Your a bloody idiot
> MILO
> "COREY" > wrote in message
>>> What a bloody tragic week for Australian heros...
>>>

>>> Tim

>> Heros? No.

i think he was raising the fact he made a spelling mistake,i hope.
heroes you mean?
Tangy
Old September 15th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Milo Johnson

Corey
If it was about a spelling mistake I apologize but that is still stupid as
I'm quite sure we all got the meaning of the post.

MILO
. 10...

Old September 15th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
COREY

Milo Johnson wrote:
> Corey
> If it was about a spelling mistake I apologize but that is still stupid as
> I'm quite sure we all got the meaning of the post.
>
> MILO
> "Tango" > wrote in message
> . 10...
>> "Milo Johnson" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> corey
>>> Your a bloody idiot
>>> MILO

>> i think he was raising the fact he made a spelling mistake,i hope.
>> heroes you mean?
>> Tangy

No. I was pointing out the fact that Steve Irwin is not a hero.
Old September 16th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

Tell that too the worlds wildlife you witless ****!

Old September 16th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PAPADOC

>"COREY" > wrote in message
m...

>> No. I was pointing out the fact that Steve Irwin is not a hero.

> Tell that too the worlds wildlife you witless ****!

hehe..You talk to animals? Neat trick.

Sorry but when my favorite F1 driver was killed I didn't call Senna a Hero.
Being a hero has nothing to do with sports. My opinion. Heroes are Firemen who
race into buildings when everyone else races out, police officers who face those
others turn away from, and soldiers who stand on the edges of civilization
making sure my family and I sleep safe. Sports greats are wonderful but not
heroes.

Pierre PAPADOC Legrand
My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html

R.I.P. Ronnie Sox Motorhead Lawyer Driving 2 April 25th 06 12:48 AM
Known Pioneers R.I.P. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo- Driving 0 March 26th 06 11:17 PM
E39 A/C - R.I.P.? Touring BMW 4 May 30th 05 06:12 AM
GM, Ford credit rated junk...R.I.P. Albatross' [email protected] Driving 12 May 12th 05 08:29 PM