Where can I buy stainless steel bleeder screws ?

Old September 12th 06, 02:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected]

Default Where can I buy stainless steel bleeder screws ?

Where can I buy stainless steel bleeder screws ?

I have tried all the usual places like Napa, AutoZone, PepBoys etc,
but no joy.

I have seen this website, but this is massively overpriced:
http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/category/stainlesssteel/
Old September 12th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

" > wrote in message
> Where can I buy stainless steel bleeder screws ?
>
> I have tried all the usual places like Napa, AutoZone, PepBoys etc,
> but no joy.
>
> I have seen this website, but this is massively overpriced:
> http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/category/stainlesssteel/

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...6&dept_id=1093

But then I have no idea what year or if it is even for a Corvette.

Old September 12th 06, 04:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JDHall

check these out
never tried them but they sound like a cool deal

http://www.zip-products.com/Corvette...8C7FECA1D23E80

long link eh

JD

Old September 12th 06, 04:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JDHall

http://www.raceshopper.com/speed_bleeders.shtml

Different link if that one doesn't work

Old September 12th 06, 09:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart

http://www.vbandp.com/SearchResult.a...yWords=BLEEDER

--
Kickstart

Old September 13th 06, 02:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected]

Thanks to all who replied.

I don't want Speed bleeders. They are over priced and I don't care
about the valve technology built into them. I don't care to pay $6+
each for stailess bleeder screws (I want to put them on 3 others cars
plus my C4).

I just want a standard bleeder made out of stainless steel (even brass
would do). I don't want a bleeder screw that will rust into the
caliper and break-off 10 years down the road (I live in a climate
where salt is used heavily during the winter which produces a lot of
corrosion on older vehicles).

Some company has to make standard stainless (or even brass ) bleeder
screws. I just can't find out who/where.

=======================================

Old September 13th 06, 02:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart

> Thanks to all who replied.
>
> I don't want Speed bleeders. They are over priced and I don't care
> about the valve technology built into them. I don't care to pay $6+
> each for stailess bleeder screws (I want to put them on 3 others cars
> plus my C4).
>

> Some company has to make standard stainless (or even brass ) bleeder
> screws. I just can't find out who/where.

I already showed you

ID: 11622
Name: Set of 4 Caliper Plugs
Desc: Stainless Plugs or Bleeder Screws Corvettes - 1965-82
More Info
Price: $7.95

Old September 13th 06, 11:16 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tony[_3_]

Check out this link. They are $3.50 each.

Old September 14th 06, 02:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected]

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:15:20 GMT, "Kickstart"
> wrote:

>> Thanks to all who replied.
>>
>> I don't want Speed bleeders. They are over priced and I don't care
>> about the valve technology built into them. I don't care to pay $6+
>> each for stailess bleeder screws (I want to put them on 3 others cars
>> plus my C4).
>>

>> Some company has to make standard stainless (or even brass ) bleeder
>> screws. I just can't find out who/where.

>I already showed you
>
> ID: 11622
> Name: Set of 4 Caliper Plugs
> Desc: Stainless Plugs or Bleeder Screws Corvettes - 1965-82
> More Info
> Price: $7.95

You are correct, but what I failed to mention at the beginning of the
thread is that I have a C4 (M10 X 1.0 thread on the screw). All the
inexpensive (non- speed bleeders) stainless bleeders are for C2 & C3
(5/16 X 24 thread on the screw). So I'm kinda screwed (no pun
intended).
Old September 14th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JDHall

Definate vital info there

This do you any good?

http://www.pcsdaytona.com/racepage/pcs/75.html

expensive but..

Stainless Steel Wagoneer jeff Jeep 5 March 30th 06 04:44 PM
EW JAPAN STAINLESS steel muffler pipe splitter tips rodent Corvette 0 February 26th 06 01:40 PM
Stainless Steel Exhaust System parts for Type 1 ? John Crichton VW air cooled 9 December 9th 04 06:13 AM
Stainless steel muffler- maybe not Steve L. Chrysler 36 October 16th 04 02:00 AM