Miata air scoop

Old March 21st 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Miata air scoop

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Well Pat, today is the first day of "Spring" and North Seattle got about
> 1/2 inch of snow ! We in the "Deep South" of Seattle had sunshine, but
> 40 deg's. Come on up to Seattle. We have some very fun roads for Miatas
> and lots of things to do. Aug. and Sept. run in the 70's and 80's. (we
> did have some 90's last summer)
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

I have heard about this annual Seattle Hemp Festival. What is that, a
place where people discuss rope and cloth? :-)

I don't deal well with cold, but my daughter lives in Washington now. I
am leaning strongly towards yes on the job, I would have to be there by
the middle of April. That leaves a LOT of work to be done in a short
period of time.

Pat

Old March 21st 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Christopher Muto wrote:

> Thanks Pat, Lanny, and Altar.
> I will follow Lanny's suggestion and try to recalibrate the cable as soon as
> it warms up here... I seem to recall a similar problem with a Honda that
> ended up being an acorn jammed in the vent door that kept it from closing.
> I am glad to hear that on the Miata it is not too deeply buried. Pat I
> might still contact you regarding the parts if necessary and if still
> available.
> Thanks again everyone.

You probably won't need it, though I do also have the entire climate
control box as well if your's is faulty.

BTW, the '96M is going to live again according to the new owner. He was
going to use the rear quarter panel to repair a '97 STO with 15,000
miles that took a hard hit.
That frame can not be fixed, he plans to straighten the '96M and
transfer the parts over. A '96M without a torsen differential,
hmmm....At least he has the correct wheels for the model.

It took me two years to take mine apart, I am guessing it would take me
about 20 years to put it back together again. I hope he works faster on
wrecked cars than I do.

Pat
Old March 21st 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Hughes

Lanny Chambers > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> pws > wrote:
>
>> I received a very tempting job offer in the Seattle area yesterday,
>> so I might be shivering like Seattle Bruce this winter instead of
>> baking like Houston Chris this summer.

> What boring choices. Move to Missouri and you could do both, like St.
> Louis Lanny.

Yeah, just a few days ago it was snowing.. today it's supposed to be 75deg.
Supid STL weather!

-Scott
Old March 22nd 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Iva wrote:
>
>> I'll let you know. I won one as a door prize late last fall and
>> haven't installed it yet. It's been too blasted cold here! Plus we
>> just got another 8" of snow. ;-(

Snow? This is the end of March!

It has been really warm and sunny here for several weeks now. Even in the
morning I am driving top down, which means it must be at least in the
order of 65F then.

The official temperature at 7 pm was still 75F.

>> Iva & Belle.)
>> '90B Classic Red.)
>> #3 winkin' Miata

>Excellent on the door prize! I would have sold it immediately. :-)
>
>I'll be thinking of you when it hits the mid-seventies today. Monday is
>a predicted high of 82.

Whiner about high temps?? It is already those temperatures here right now.
Do you hear me complain? (About anything else than you?)

Grumble. Wimps.
Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old March 22nd 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Lanny Chambers wrote:
>> In article >,
>> pws > wrote:
>>

>>>I received a very tempting job offer in the Seattle area yesterday, so I
>>>might be shivering like Seattle Bruce this winter instead of baking like
>>>Houston Chris this summer.

>> What boring choices. Move to Missouri and you could do both, like St.
>> Louis Lanny.

>Do you REALLY want me living nearby?
>I could always move to Florida, that would make another person on here
>very happy, I would think. ;-)

Absolutely. I have often thought the only thing to do would be the
application of a blunt instrument, but the distance kept me back.

Leon
Old March 22nd 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"BRUCE HASKIN" > wrote
> (we did have some 90's last summer)

Ah yes, summer in the Pacific Northwest. It was on a Wednesday last year
wasn't it?
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Oregonian Inside the Beltway

Old March 22nd 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
altar nospam

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:39:17 GMT, "Ken Lyons"
> wrote:

>"BRUCE HASKIN" > wrote
>> (we did have some 90's last summer)

>Ah yes, summer in the Pacific Northwest. It was on a Wednesday last year
>wasn't it?

Unless you live in Spokane! It was 70 yesterday. First day with the
top down.
OK, it was only 50 today... but tomorrow......

Tom
Old March 22nd 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Leon van Dommelen wrote:
> >Iva wrote:
> >
> >> I'll let you know. I won one as a door prize late last fall and
> >> haven't installed it yet. It's been too blasted cold here! Plus

we
> >> just got another 8" of snow. ;-(

> Snow? This is the end of March!
>
> It has been really warm and sunny here for several weeks now. Even

in the
> morning I am driving top down, which means it must be at least in

the
> order of 65F then.
>
> The official temperature at 7 pm was still 75F.

;-P~~~~~~~

The temperature *might* get up to 60F this weekend. There's still
piles of that nasty white stuff all over the place and the ground is
still frozen.

One good sign, there's a huge flock of robins in the office parking
lot this morning and the juncos have pretty much disappeared.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old March 22nd 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Lets see. how does it go : The warnest winter I ever spent, was a
September in Seattle ! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old March 22nd 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

"Iva" .> wrote:

>we

>> Snow? This is the end of March!
>>
>> It has been really warm and sunny here for several weeks now. Even

>in the
>> morning I am driving top down, which means it must be at least in

>the
>> order of 65F then.
>>
>> The official temperature at 7 pm was still 75F.

>The temperature *might* get up to 60F this weekend. There's still
>piles of that nasty white stuff all over the place and the ground is
>still frozen.
>
>One good sign, there's a huge flock of robins in the office parking
>lot this morning and the juncos have pretty much disappeared.

You mean the polar bears got them all?

Leon