Been Gone....

Old June 8th 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Been Gone....

Thank you for the Link Michael, Aloha.

michael wrote:

>Aloha Ric ....bruce has a great site at
>http://www.survivecancerfoundation.org/
>
>also http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/index.htm good cancer info ...might
>help....all the best...michael
. ..

Old June 8th 06, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thanks LR.

Old June 8th 06, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

PJ wrote:

> RicSeyler wrote:
>
>> My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her
>> kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the
>> last
>> few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
>> is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting
>> and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in
>> every aspect of my life at the moment....
>>
>> It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
>> novels :-/
>>

> Welcome back Ric,
> Knowing that there's a goodbye around the corner is a tough
> circumstance. Hospice is a tough call. I think the biggest thing is
> to support your Mother's desires and wishes in the matter. May you do
> well through all of what's ahead. Hope you can find a place that's
> close yet not too subject to hurricane evacuation.

They have evac procedures in place, that was one of the forms I had to
fill out this morning.
Thanks for the heads up on that.

Old June 8th 06, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thanks Dave

Old June 8th 06, 05:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thanks for taking the time to share that with me Crabs, it's appreciated
more than you know.

Old June 9th 06, 06:01 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Old June 9th 06, 03:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I'm really sorry to hear that, Ric.

Good luck on treatment and we'll pray she beats it. Spend as much time as
you can with her, jot down any memories she has, video tape her when she is
happy and upbeat, and take her for rides and whatever she feels like.

My grandfather passed away from cancer back in '88. He had fought it twice
before. He kept the hospital trips to a minimum, only what was necessary
for any treatment or tests. The rest of the time he tried to stay as active
as possible and then finally at home in bed.

It was rough on the entire family, no soft soap here, but it was a lot
better than being in the hospital constantly and the toll that brings. He
was able to go in his own home and spend his time with family and friends,
who are more willing to visit at home than a hospital.

A good friend in Kansas also had it. He had a cold he couldn't shake about
the time I stopped in to visit. Once they found it, they gave him 3 weeks to
3 months. He made 3 weeks and a day, but he was upbeat and positive to the
end. He was also at home until the last two days and decided to go to the
hospital so the family would not have bad memories of the house.

So do what she is comfortable with. Respect her wishes.

.. .

Old June 13th 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

She passed yesterday afternoon, thanks again for all your thoughts everyone.

Old June 13th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
. ..
> She passed yesterday afternoon, thanks again for all your thoughts
> everyone.
>
> RicSeyler wrote:

Nothing can be said that will help right now, but it will get better
with time.

Dad

Old June 14th 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Really sorry to hear that, Ric. Time helps, and remembering all the good
times. Don't think about the "should have's", just the things she and you
did.

. ..