M3 BMW or SLK350

Old October 12th 04, 05:11 PM
RM

Default M3 BMW or SLK350

I own a 99 BMW M3 convertible and a, looking to upgrade it to a new car..am
stuck between a new M3Conv or an SLK350..I know the shortcomings of an
M3...however to buy a newly created model worries me..My M3has never had a
thing wrong with it in the 5 years i owned it...any comments??

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

Old October 12th 04, 05:29 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

How many seats do you need? The SLK is a definite 2-seater with room for a
golf bag. But a stylish solid convertible roof.

Two very different cars, I would say.

No car is perfect.

Do test drives.

DAS
---

Old October 12th 04, 06:09 PM
RM

in 5 years one person sat in the back seat...i got an M3 originally cause
the Porsche salesman was such a ****, went across the street and ....

Old October 12th 04, 06:48 PM
Somebody

"RM" > wrote in message
> I own a 99 BMW M3 convertible and a, looking to upgrade it to a new

car..am
> stuck between a new M3Conv or an SLK350..I know the shortcomings of an
> M3...however to buy a newly created model worries me..My M3has never had a
> thing wrong with it in the 5 years i owned it...any comments??

What do you mean by newly created? The E46 M3 isn't new, and the E90 M3
isn't coming until 2005.

-Russ.

Old October 12th 04, 06:51 PM
RS990

> What do you mean by newly created? The E46 M3 isn't new, and the E90 M3
> isn't coming until 2005.

He is referring to the SLK

Old October 12th 04, 10:36 PM
Miki

"RM" > wrote in message
> I own a 99 BMW M3 convertible and a, looking to upgrade it to a new

car..am
> stuck between a new M3Conv or an SLK350..I know the shortcomings of an
> M3...however to buy a newly created model worries me..My M3has never had a
> thing wrong with it in the 5 years i owned it...any comments??

Well , the M3 is on big advantage , M3 is expensive, but it"s worth it, the
SLK 350 is new , but the sport felling is very low compare to M3, the SLK
350 is a great roadster , perfomance are very like ( M3 ( 5,4 ) , SLK 350
( 5,6 ) ), but the RPM are on a BMW side :-), but i assume that normal car
enthusiast woudn"t take any second to think , and to see which is better .

--
Live with ideas...........
Baluba cucine

Old October 13th 04, 12:26 AM
Tom Korth

"RM" > wrote in message
>I own a 99 BMW M3 convertible and a, looking to upgrade it to a new car..am
>stuck between a new M3Conv or an SLK350..I know the shortcomings of an
>M3...however to buy a newly created model worries me..My M3has never had a
>thing wrong with it in the 5 years i owned it...any comments??

You might test drive a BMW Z4 3.0 as the performance should be similar to
your M3 and the storage space is better than the SLK.

Tom

Old October 13th 04, 06:55 AM
KoKaineBoy

I have driven both quite recently. Both 2004 models... the Mercedes I drove
was automatic however. Personally i found the noise levels with the
convertible top up to be a bit irritating. The new slk350 is spectacular with
a great solid feel and sporty sound. plus the new design has killer looks.

I am a bmw guy.. but I would pick an slk350 with manual transmission.

Old October 13th 04, 01:06 PM
Miki

"Tom Korth" > wrote in message
news

> You might test drive a BMW Z4 3.0 as the performance should be similar to
> your M3 and the storage space is better than the SLK.

?????
M3 321 bhp (99")
Z4 3.0 231 bhp
The numbers are closely similar :-) , but perfomance ? No way

--
Live with ideas...........
Baluba cucine

Old October 13th 04, 04:14 PM
TonyK

"Miki" > wrote in message

> "Tom Korth" > wrote in message
> news >
>
> > You might test drive a BMW Z4 3.0 as the performance should be similar

> > your M3 and the storage space is better than the SLK.

> ?????
> M3 321 bhp (99")
> Z4 3.0 231 bhp
> The numbers are closely similar :-) , but perfomance ? No way
>
> --
> Live with ideas...........
> Baluba cucine
> Novo u Splitu!
> www.baluba-cucine.com
> Lovretska 10

Actually.... if you compare the paper figures of an M3 cab. and a Z4 they
are suprisingly similar, only .4s on 0-60 and nothing in 50-75 in 4th...
what it doesn't say is that 50-75 when you work through the gears is a damn
sight quicker in an M3! Also, BMW performance figures seem very
conservative. I know and have seen a standard M3 hit 60 in 4.8 and my cab
isn't that much slower, unless I have the kids in the back!

For me there is no competition, I've never owned an MB but have driven C and
E classes and SLs. I'd stick with an M3 any day.