Ridge Racer 7 info and screens

Old August 31st 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
AirRaid

Default Ridge Racer 7 info and screens

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729394p1.html

Ridge Racer 7 Update
The real Ridge Racer 7 at last comes to light.

August 30, 2006 - Namco Bandai disappointed many with its E3 showing of
Ridge Racer 7 for the PS3. The company didn't actually show the PS3
title, instead opting for a pre-rendered video designed to show its
vision for future installments of the series.

Four months later, and we're at last set to get a first look at actual
Ridge Racer 7 material. While Namco Bandai will be updating the game's
Japanese website later this week, the latest issue of Famitsu got the
scoop with a few new details.

Most of the info in Famitsu was covered back at E3, but the magazine
does provide a first look at the modes of play that will be included in
the game. Here's how you'll play your first PS3 racing game:

Ridge State Grand Prix: RR7's main mode of play takes place in Ridge
State, known as the place to be for motor sports. The mode consists of
160 races set on 44 courses (the 44 includes both normal and reverse
courses). As you win races, you earn new cars and parts.

Online Battle: This online race mode is expected to support 14
simultaneous players. In addition to competitive racing, the mode will
feature cooperative play through relay, team battle and pair time
attack options.

Global Time Attack: You face off against the world's racers for the
best time in this time attack mode. This mode also supports split
screen play, allowing for two players to team up for pair time attack.

Arcade: A standard arcade mode of play that supports two players via
split screen.

UFLA Special Event: This mode features events that are downloaded
through the 'net.

Machine Connector: You can customize your machine in this mode -- a
first for the Ridge Racer series. You can customize both in
performance, tuning your engine and adding nitros, and exterior, adding
stickers, bumpers and more. New stickers will be made available through
future downloads

Ranking Browser: View ranking data from throughout the world.

Despite all these details, we still don't have a final release date (or
actual screenshots) for the game. Screens will likely start appearing
later this week. As for the release date, perhaps the Tokyo Game Show
will hold some answers.

screenshots from Famitsu magazine scans:

http://ranobe.com/up/src/up134004.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/src/up134005.jpg

Old August 31st 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
Zomoniac

Oh for ****'s sake. I didn't want to have to buy a PS3 at launch but I
can never resist a new Ridge Racer. And, against all my
assumptions/desires, in those screens it does actually look noticeably
better than RR6, much more detail in the scenery, better lighting on
the roads and stuff. Bah. That's £475 less I'll have this Christmas.

Old August 31st 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
furious gibbon

AirRaid wrote:
> http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729394p1.html

is that all they can show? that's it? was that even in game or was that
the bloody intro? i would put money on it that there is no ps3, it's
just a huge joke and they are just gonna laugh at us on launch day

or sell us a panasonic 3do
Old August 31st 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

It's going to take a LOT more than this for men to spend $600 on a game
console.

-Larry

Old August 31st 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
AirRaid

furious gibbon wrote:
> AirRaid wrote:
> > http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729394p1.html
> >

> is that all they can show? that's it? was that even in game or was that
> the bloody intro? i would put money on it that there is no ps3, it's
> just a huge joke and they are just gonna laugh at us on launch day

official info is not due out until Friday. the pictures of the tracks
& cars are clearly realtime
(reply view of course).

I'll wait until highres screenshots & video comes out. from what I can
tell, the track designs look nice.

Old September 1st 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
Andre Matuch

AirRaid wrote:
> furious gibbon wrote:
>> AirRaid wrote:
>>> http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729394p1.html
>>>

>> is that all they can show? that's it? was that even in game or was that
>> the bloody intro? i would put money on it that there is no ps3, it's
>> just a huge joke and they are just gonna laugh at us on launch day
>>

> official info is not due out until Friday. the pictures of the tracks
> & cars are clearly realtime
> (reply view of course).
>
> I'll wait until highres screenshots & video comes out. from what I can
> tell, the track designs look nice.

Who the **** cares about Ridge Racer. It is by far the worst racing game
ever made. Electronic Arts' Need for Speed is better in every single
category.
Old September 1st 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
AirRaid

Andre Matuch wrote:
> AirRaid wrote:
> > furious gibbon wrote:
> >>>
> >> is that all they can show? that's it? was that even in game or was that
> >> the bloody intro? i would put money on it that there is no ps3, it's
> >> just a huge joke and they are just gonna laugh at us on launch day
> >>

> > official info is not due out until Friday. the pictures of the tracks
> > & cars are clearly realtime
> > (reply view of course).
> >
> > I'll wait until highres screenshots & video comes out. from what I can
> > tell, the track designs look nice.
> >

> Who the **** cares about Ridge Racer. It is by far the worst racing game
> ever made. Electronic Arts' Need for Speed is better in every single
> category.

just STFU. the original arcade Ridge Racer, late '93, was the first
3D
60 FPS texture-mapped driving game. it set the bar for everything else,

until Daytona USA came along a few months later.

Old September 1st 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
Zomoniac

On 2006-09-01 02:16:40 +0100, Andre Matuch > said:

> AirRaid wrote:
>> furious gibbon wrote:
>>>>
>>> is that all they can show? that's it? was that even in game or was that
>>> the bloody intro? i would put money on it that there is no ps3, it's
>>> just a huge joke and they are just gonna laugh at us on launch day
>>>

>> official info is not due out until Friday. the pictures of the tracks
>> & cars are clearly realtime
>> (reply view of course).
>>
>> I'll wait until highres screenshots & video comes out. from what I can
>> tell, the track designs look nice.
>>

> Who the **** cares about Ridge Racer. It is by far the worst racing
> game ever made. Electronic Arts' Need for Speed is better in every
> single category.

With the exception of the following categories: graphics, gameplay,
sound, online, longevity, not-being-a-bag-of-wank.

--
http://myspace.com/zomoniac

Old September 1st 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.autos.simulators
Brenden D. Chase

"Andre Matuch" > wrote in message
> AirRaid wrote:
>> furious gibbon wrote:
>>>>
>>> is that all they can show? that's it? was that even in game or was that
>>> the bloody intro? i would put money on it that there is no ps3, it's
>>> just a huge joke and they are just gonna laugh at us on launch day
>>>

>> official info is not due out until Friday. the pictures of the tracks
>> & cars are clearly realtime
>> (reply view of course).
>>
>> I'll wait until highres screenshots & video comes out. from what I can
>> tell, the track designs look nice.
>>

> Who the **** cares about Ridge Racer. It is by far the worst racing game
> ever made. Electronic Arts' Need for Speed is better in every single
> category.

Its definitely the best pure arcade racer