Durango horn honks for no reason

Old February 7th 05, 05:22 PM

Default Durango horn honks for no reason

Recently every time I start my 2001 Durango RT the horn honks one time.
If I open the door with the engine running and then close it again the
horn honks. When I shut the engine off and exit the vehicle the horn
will honk either when I close the door or anywhere from 2 to 15 seconds
later. I don't have a security system except what is built into the
Durango by default, nothing optional. The dealer has no clue what could
be causing this. Anybody got any thoughts?

Old February 7th 05, 07:42 PM
maxpower

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Recently every time I start my 2001 Durango RT the horn honks one time.
> If I open the door with the engine running and then close it again the
> horn honks. When I shut the engine off and exit the vehicle the horn
> will honk either when I close the door or anywhere from 2 to 15 seconds
> later. I don't have a security system except what is built into the
> Durango by default, nothing optional. The dealer has no clue what could
> be causing this. Anybody got any thoughts?

Read the owners manual, It may have something to do with the alarm, I think
if the was an intrusion into your truck, that is how it alerts you of it, im
sure but check it out

Old February 7th 05, 07:59 PM

I checked the manual when this started. It says that the horn will honk
3 times when I open the door if the vehicle has been tampered with.
Nothing is mentioned about 1 honk at startup and/or closing the door.
Thanks for the reply anyway.

Old February 8th 05, 05:56 AM
tdodge

it is possible that your arm/disarm switch is corroded. arm/disarm switch
is mounted behind your two door key clinders and your liftgate
key cylinder. you have to disconnect the connector one by one to find out
which one is faulty

Old February 8th 05, 05:20 PM

Makes sense to me. I'll try disconnecting them and see if that is the
problem. I'll post back here with the results. Thanks.

Old February 10th 05, 02:08 PM

You can see a picture of one like mine at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=WDVW&tc=photo

Horn Wiring Hell - Escaped Spike VW air cooled 0 November 14th 04 05:37 PM
horn cable connections. spare brown wire!?? Spike VW air cooled 1 October 16th 04 02:51 PM
Air Horn Installation BR Saturn 2 September 28th 04 04:35 AM
Horn Installation on SL2 97' BR Saturn 1 September 28th 04 03:19 AM
Replacing Horn 96 Saturn (Wiring and Access) Clive Hayward Saturn 2 September 6th 04 11:00 PM