Howes: Toyota not looking so shiny now

Old November 30th 09, 02:24 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default Howes: Toyota not looking so shiny now

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:33:34 +0000, in wrote:

>>> anything below 50f is not allowed.
>>> we don't do cold.

>>Damn! Where the hell are you? Hell?
>>

> mojave desert. who needs cold and crap?

Like I said...Hell!

I don't think I could stand it. I start to melt ~85 degrees F....

Old November 30th 09, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
E. Meyer[_2_]

On 11/27/09 8:38 AM, in article
, " >
wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> In article
>> >,

>>> I always take everything Consumer Reports says with a grain of salt.

>> yeah, a 50 mile square grain.

> I have my own theory about Consumer Reports Ratings, when the ratings are a
> reflection of public response - who responds to the typical survey? Who
> writes letter to the editor? Who calls a corporate complaint/compliment
> line? Those who are not happy. So, in my own little not so humble opinion,
> CR public response ratings are skewed to the negative.

That may be true, but every time I have looked up CR's ratings for any car
I've owned over the past 40 years, the problems they predicted have matched
exactly with what I experienced.

Old December 1st 09, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
[email protected]

In article >, "E. Meyer" > wrote:

>On 11/27/09 8:38 AM, in article
, " >
>wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>> In article

>>> yeah, a 50 mile square grain.

>> I have my own theory about Consumer Reports Ratings, when the ratings are a
>> reflection of public response - who responds to the typical survey? Who
>> writes letter to the editor? Who calls a corporate complaint/compliment
>> line? Those who are not happy. So, in my own little not so humble opinion,
>> CR public response ratings are skewed to the negative.
>>

>That may be true, but every time I have looked up CR's ratings for any car
>I've owned over the past 40 years, the problems they predicted have matched
>exactly with what I experienced.

yeah, 20/20 hindsight.
while i don't totally disdain them, they are pretty one sided about a lot.
i suppose we could use the better than nothing argument.......
Old February 1st 10, 10:28 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Bill Yanaire, ESQ[_2_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harakiri

At least he isn't a Sheep ****er like yourself.