New Logitech Wheel on the way?

Old February 20th 05, 02:59 PM
Jay J

Default New Logitech Wheel on the way?

I noticed in today's CompUSA Sunday flyer (Feb 20th) that they have the
Logitech Momo wheel on sale for $50!!!
Well, it's actually still $100, but there is a $30 mail-in rebate from
Logitech and another $20 rebate from CompUSA, but still...

This makes me wonder if Logitech is coming out with a new/replacement wheel
?

They just released their Driving force pro at $150 for the PS2 to go with
GT4, and this wheel may also work for PC's but it's pedals appear to be
worse than the Momo's

I'm still using my trusty 5 year old wingman formula force (red one with the
cable drive) but am considering the Momo at this price range but I've heard
it may not be compatible with Gran Turismo 4 and the upcoming Enthusa games
for the PS2, so I may just hold off until the Driving force pro comes down
in price a bit.

Anyone know any scoop?

Old February 20th 05, 03:23 PM
GARE

"Jay J" > wrote in message
>I noticed in today's CompUSA Sunday flyer (Feb 20th) that they have the
>Logitech Momo wheel on sale for $50!!!
> Well, it's actually still $100, but there is a $30 mail-in rebate from
> Logitech and another $20 rebate from CompUSA, but still...
>
> This makes me wonder if Logitech is coming out with a new/replacement
> wheel ?
>
> They just released their Driving force pro at $150 for the PS2 to go with
> GT4, and this wheel may also work for PC's but it's pedals appear to be
> worse than the Momo's
>
> I'm still using my trusty 5 year old wingman formula force (red one with
> the cable drive) but am considering the Momo at this price range but I've
> heard it may not be compatible with Gran Turismo 4 and the upcoming
> Enthusa games for the PS2, so I may just hold off until the Driving force
> pro comes down in price a bit.
>
> Anyone know any scoop?

I seen that ad and thought about going to pick it up. Will the Driving Force
Pro work with a PC as it is ?

Old February 20th 05, 04:37 PM
GARE

"GARE" > wrote in message

> "Jay J" > wrote in message
>>I noticed in today's CompUSA Sunday flyer (Feb 20th) that they have the
>>Logitech Momo wheel on sale for $50!!!
>> Well, it's actually still $100, but there is a $30 mail-in rebate from
>> Logitech and another $20 rebate from CompUSA, but still...
>>
>> This makes me wonder if Logitech is coming out with a new/replacement
>> wheel ?
>>
>> They just released their Driving force pro at $150 for the PS2 to go with
>> GT4, and this wheel may also work for PC's but it's pedals appear to be
>> worse than the Momo's
>>
>> I'm still using my trusty 5 year old wingman formula force (red one with
>> the cable drive) but am considering the Momo at this price range but I've
>> heard it may not be compatible with Gran Turismo 4 and the upcoming
>> Enthusa games for the PS2, so I may just hold off until the Driving force
>> pro comes down in price a bit.
>>
>> Anyone know any scoop?
>>

> I seen that ad and thought about going to pick it up. Will the Driving
> Force Pro work with a PC as it is ?

Duh...nevermind . Looked at the thread on DFP drivers. Interesting!

Old February 20th 05, 05:22 PM
Andi Cole

I think I heard that Logitech were dropping the link with Momo.

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

Old February 20th 05, 11:41 PM
Pez

one of the logitech guys mentioned that driver releases tend to coincide
with product releases, so now that v4.6 beta has been put out its possible
that the DFP may start to be marketed as more than just the Gran Turismo
wheel.

The new drivers make it the highest resolution wheel on the market (or so
ive been led to believe - im getting 16000 raw counts in 360degs of
rotation!).

pez