98 E39 speed sensor

Old June 20th 10, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ReddDawg

Default 98 E39 speed sensor

production date 10/97.

Several weeks ago I was on an overly slick road surface. Light
application of the brakes results in ABS. As we were headed into the
intersection I down shifted (5 speed) to try and get traction. ABS and
ASC lights on.

Came home and disconnected the battery and no lights. A week ago
while driving in normal dry conditions the lights came back on. Put
her up on the ramps and the driver's side showed visible damage where
the stem connects to the actual sensor.

Purchased a new one. A cheap new one. (stop grumbling)

Put it in and... no change.

Decide to test. Remove the original from the car along with the new
one and the broken one. Grab the meter.

Broken one
Diode test mode (reversing the probes)
..02 and .04
Ohms
3.07

OEM
Diode test mode (reversing the probes)
356 and 781
Ohms
3.07

New one
Diode test mode (reversing the probes)
543 and 1164
Ohms
12.64

Am I right in thinking the new one is not even close to being within
specs?

Intrepid speed speed sensor problems Erehwon Chrysler 11 November 24th 07 10:57 PM
ABS Speed Sensor Starshiy Nemo BMW 1 April 25th 06 10:09 PM
AWA [OFFER] Wheel sensor;Crankshaf position sensor;camshaft sensor;knock sensor;phase s [email protected] General 0 January 10th 06 12:51 PM
'94 YJ Speed Sensor mabar Jeep 6 March 23rd 05 03:30 AM
speed sensor maroonhonda Honda 2 October 16th 04 10:29 PM