slightly OT gasoline pricing

Old November 3rd 13, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

Default slightly OT gasoline pricing

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
> Ok, you guys got off topic. I meant the advertised price, second
> number after the decimal. That would be called the 'hundredths'
> place. Forget the 99 tenthousandths of the dollar. Ignoring that,
> prices almost always show as $3.19, $3.21, $3.37 etc. I shouldn't
> even say almost. It is always. Ivan Vegvary

town? city?, state? country?

my last gas receipt says " @ $ 4.239/G " (sic)

Lahaina, HI, USA

Do I remember what the sign said? no.
GW
Old November 3rd 13, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:10:41 PM UTC-6, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> Ivan Vegvary wrote:
>
> > Ok, you guys got off topic. I meant the advertised price, second

> > number after the decimal. That would be called the 'hundredths'

> > place. Forget the 99 tenthousandths of the dollar. Ignoring that,

> > prices almost always show as $3.19, $3.21, $3.37 etc. I shouldn't

> > even say almost. It is always. Ivan Vegvary

> town? city?, state? country?
>

> my last gas receipt says " @ $ 4.239/G " (sic)
>

> Lahaina, HI, USA
>

> Do I remember what the sign said? no.
>
> GW

Current lowest gas price per gallon of regular gas around here is $2.87 My van's gas tank is about half full. I will fill it up this week and pour some Stabil into the gas tank.
Old November 3rd 13, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 11/3/2013 2:38 PM, JR wrote:
> On Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:10:41 PM UTC-6, Geoff Welsh wrote:
>> Ivan Vegvary wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, you guys got off topic. I meant the advertised price, second

>>> number after the decimal. That would be called the 'hundredths'

>>> place. Forget the 99 tenthousandths of the dollar. Ignoring that,

>>> prices almost always show as $3.19, $3.21, $3.37 etc. I shouldn't

>>> even say almost. It is always. Ivan Vegvary

>> town? city?, state? country?
>>

>> my last gas receipt says " @ $ 4.239/G " (sic)
>>

>> Lahaina, HI, USA
>>

>> Do I remember what the sign said? no.
>>
>> GW

> Current lowest gas price per gallon of regular gas around here is $2.87 My van's gas tank is about half full. I will fill it up this week and pour some Stabil into the gas tank.

I still get change back from a $5 bill when I fill the tank on my
regular commuter when the gauge drops to "E" (which really means 0.5
gallon reserve left in the 1.6 gallon tank).

--
T0m $herm@n
Old November 4th 13, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 11/3/2013 10:38 AM, JR wrote:

> Current lowest gas price per gallon of regular gas around here is $2.87 My van's gas tank is about half full. I will fill it up this week and pour some Stabil into the gas tank.

I'm paying $3.979/gal. I thought I was doing pretty good. Ah shucks.
Old November 4th 13, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 6:27:18 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On 11/3/2013 10:38 AM, JR wrote:
>

> > Current lowest gas price per gallon of regular gas around here is $2.87 My van's gas tank is about half full. I will fill it up this week and pour some Stabil into the gas tank.

> I'm paying $3.979/gal. I thought I was doing pretty good. Ah shucks.

Google,,, Global Gas Prices

E36 M52 overheating slightly John Burns BMW 4 April 15th 10 02:39 AM
Slightly off topic John[_28_] Mazda 4 August 27th 08 01:27 AM
Slightly OT - Car Tax Pinot Grigio Alfa Romeo 3 November 24th 07 06:27 PM
OT slightly Zilbandy Auto Photos 0 April 16th 07 01:59 AM
Slightly O/T, but... Dr Entropy Alfa Romeo 6 June 4th 04 06:23 PM