Any diesel mechanic gurus on here?

Old January 10th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Default Any diesel mechanic gurus on here?

buffalo wrote:

> Should be clear from Phillip's post why I don't want to waste time.

But you're perfectly willing to waste even more more time typing idiotic
reasons NOT to just explain the problem. Yep, you're a real brain trust,
there, mister.

I'd be glad to think about any problem you post and offer any
suggestions I can come up with... IF you'll go ahead and POST it.
There's absolutely no rational, sane, intelligent reason to not just
throw it out there and watch for results.

Old January 10th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

buffalo wrote:

> Can't get fuel from the injection pump to the injectors. Bled air from
> lines up to pump.
>
> b.

Why dintcha just SAY so yesterday?

Crack open a fitting at each injector and bleed the injector lines. If
you have air bubbles in the injector lines, the pump's "shot" on each
injection stroke is not enough to compress the bubble enough to force it
out and into the cylinder when the cylinder is under compression. So the
bubble just compresses and re-expands without actually going anywhere.
Cracking the line open at the injector allows the injection pump to
force the air out while working only against atmospheric pressure.
Old January 10th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Noozer

Is there fuel in the tank?

ink.net...

Old January 11th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
buffalo

You see, kid, that is why Usenet is full of folks who waste your time.

Now, grow up and buzz off. You can't contribute anything but hatefulness.

Old January 11th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
buffalo

Nah, you are not qualified. In other words, you are not capable of helping
with THIS problem. All you know that there is air in the system.

Now, run along.

Old January 11th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
buffalo

Yes, it is turning or I would have said that it is not. To put it
succinctly, there is no fuel to the injectors.

I, too, believe it is a Rossa/Stanadyne.

Don't have a fuel pressure gauge -yet but, it was running with the same flow
to the pump as now as determined by eye (yes, I know but, it should at least
run with some amount of flow) and that was manually pumping it.

No, yours is not a silly suggestion when you suggest that the pump may not
be turning but, just look at the kiddies who have nothing to offer but
silly, childish remarks - Usenet is full of them.

Thanks.

oups.com...

Old January 11th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
buffalo

No, Noozer, there is no fuel in the tank. Should there be?

Old January 11th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
buffalo

Why 'shuffle off'? Stay around for the circus and watch - already, we have
a number of clowns.

Btw, why did you think a medical condition was involved?

Seems like the only one here with any 'snap' is cyberzl1

That otto stir the gutter.

Old January 11th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

buffalo wrote:
> Yes, it is turning or I would have said that it is not. To put it
> succinctly, there is no fuel to the injectors.
>
> I, too, believe it is a Rossa/Stanadyne.
>
> Don't have a fuel pressure gauge -yet but, it was running with the same flow
> to the pump as now as determined by eye (yes, I know but, it should at least
> run with some amount of flow) and that was manually pumping it.
>
> No, yours is not a silly suggestion when you suggest that the pump may not
> be turning but, just look at the kiddies who have nothing to offer but
> silly, childish remarks - Usenet is full of them.
>
> Thanks.

If it was running when you pumped fuel to it but isn't now then you
either have a bad pump with low pressure, or you didn't bleed the entire
system. ANY air in a diesel will cause problems.
Old January 11th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
buffalo

Steve W.

Please read and understand my previous posts.

"Steve W." > wrote in message ...
> buffalo wrote:
>> Yes, it is turning or I would have said that it is not. To put it
>> succinctly, there is no fuel to the injectors.
>>
>> I, too, believe it is a Rossa/Stanadyne.
>>
>> Don't have a fuel pressure gauge -yet but, it was running with the same
>> flow to the pump as now as determined by eye (yes, I know but, it should
>> at least run with some amount of flow) and that was manually pumping it.
>>
>> No, yours is not a silly suggestion when you suggest that the pump may
>> not be turning but, just look at the kiddies who have nothing to offer
>> but silly, childish remarks - Usenet is full of them.
>>
>> Thanks.

> If it was running when you pumped fuel to it but isn't now then you either
> have a bad pump with low pressure, or you didn't bleed the entire system.
> ANY air in a diesel will cause problems.

Unleaded vs Diesel Prices in Europe B Wegner Simulators 12 March 23rd 06 10:07 PM
New F-250 Diesel Owner Jerry 4x4 0 February 21st 06 05:56 PM
Help ASAP Please (Gas in diesel engine) [email protected] VW water cooled 15 December 25th 05 06:30 AM
warman i am surprised you mix oil [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 May 8th 05 04:04 AM
Diesel vs. Gasoline - why one preferred over another?? Mark Levitski Technology 42 April 27th 05 10:52 PM