In Search of Part 710

Old September 25th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default In Search of Part 710

Yeah, I did a very dumb thing this weekend. I lost that part thingee under
the hood. Part #710. I've been all over town looking for a replacement. I
think it could be very dangerous driving with out it. I could destroy the
engine or even cause fire. I tried Auto Zone - no luck but they said they
could order one. I kept looking because I didn't want to wait until today or
tomorrow to get one. Went to Advanced Auto. They didn't have one at this
location but they said the store 10 miles away had 2 in stock. So yesterday,
I ran over there and guess what? They did have 2 but it was the wrong one.
This one didn't even have the part number on it. They went back to their
'puter and they did list 2 different ones. He pulled the pic of the other
one and sure enough, there was the part number right on top but they didn't
have that one in stock so I thought I would try 1 more place. O'Reilly Auto
Parts is new around here. There is 1 close to where I was going for lunch
today so I popped in. If they didn't have it, I was going to go back to Auto
Zone and have them order it since I have the little zone card and 5
purchases over $20 gives you a $20 credit . Well, O'Reilly's had 1 in stock.
I asked to see it to make sure it was indeed part #710 and sure enough it
was. There was 710 right on top and I tried it 1st to make sure it fix and
it fit perfectly. $7.99 which I think was about $2.00 cheaper than Auto
Zone.

So, everybody know what part #710 is?

Old September 25th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
David

E wrote:
> Yeah, I did a very dumb thing this weekend. I lost that part thingee
> under the hood. Part #710. I've been all over town looking for a
> replacement. I think it could be very dangerous driving with out it.
> I could destroy the engine or even cause fire. I tried Auto Zone - no
> luck but they said they could order one. I kept looking because I
> didn't want to wait until today or tomorrow to get one. Went to
> Advanced Auto. They didn't have one at this location but they said
> the store 10 miles away had 2 in stock. So yesterday, I ran over
> there and guess what? They did have 2 but it was the wrong one. This
> one didn't even have the part number on it. They went back to their
> 'puter and they did list 2 different ones. He pulled the pic of the
> other one and sure enough, there was the part number right on top but
> they didn't have that one in stock so I thought I would try 1 more
> place. O'Reilly Auto Parts is new around here. There is 1 close to
> where I was going for lunch today so I popped in. If they didn't have
> it, I was going to go back to Auto Zone and have them order it since
> I have the little zone card and 5 purchases over $20 gives you a $20
> credit . Well, O'Reilly's had 1 in stock. I asked to see it to make
> sure it was indeed part #710 and sure enough it was. There was 710
> right on top and I tried it 1st to make sure it fix and it fit
> perfectly. $7.99 which I think was about $2.00 cheaper than Auto
> Zone.
>
> So, everybody know what part #710 is?

Maybe it is OIL and not the part number, dip ****, good laugh but, been
here before.
Lushy

Old September 27th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

E wrote:

> Yeah, I did a very dumb thing this weekend. I lost that part thingee under
> the hood. Part #710. I've been all over town looking for a replacement. I
> think it could be very dangerous driving with out it. I could destroy the
> engine or even cause fire. I tried Auto Zone - no luck but they said they
> could order one. I kept looking because I didn't want to wait until today or
> tomorrow to get one. Went to Advanced Auto. They didn't have one at this
> location but they said the store 10 miles away had 2 in stock. So yesterday,
> I ran over there and guess what? They did have 2 but it was the wrong one.
> This one didn't even have the part number on it. They went back to their
> 'puter and they did list 2 different ones. He pulled the pic of the other
> one and sure enough, there was the part number right on top but they didn't
> have that one in stock so I thought I would try 1 more place. O'Reilly Auto
> Parts is new around here. There is 1 close to where I was going for lunch
> today so I popped in. If they didn't have it, I was going to go back to Auto
> Zone and have them order it since I have the little zone card and 5
> purchases over $20 gives you a $20 credit . Well, O'Reilly's had 1 in stock.
> I asked to see it to make sure it was indeed part #710 and sure enough it
> was. There was 710 right on top and I tried it 1st to make sure it fix and
> it fit perfectly. $7.99 which I think was about $2.00 cheaper than Auto
> Zone.
>
> So, everybody know what part #710 is?

I don't know. My Porsche doesn't have one. It does have a 730.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Speed is n0 subsittute fo accurancy.