Saw the new Herbie Movie Today

Old July 4th 05, 10:26 PM
Bill Berckman

Default Saw the new Herbie Movie Today

Saw the movie. It was entertaining. The only question I have is how
did Mike Yager from Mid America Motorworks get his banner so
prominately displayed in the movie. I guess he provided some parts, or
paid a steep advertising fee. The only hokey thing in the movie is
when they borrowed a valve cover from the New Beetle to fix the busted
one on the 63 Beetle.

Old July 4th 05, 11:34 PM
Ben Boyle

Movies today are full of product placement so that is how that went down I'm sure. Sure, it's seems ridiculous to us to
use a NB part on a ACVW but it's a movie, a movie about a car that is alive. How accurate does it need to be?
:-)
ups.com...

Old July 5th 05, 12:24 AM
Dennis Wik

Mid America has some of the original "Herbies"

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old July 5th 05, 02:35 AM
Bill Berckman

Ben Boyle wrote:

Movies today are full of product placement so that is how that went
down I'm sure. Sure, it's seems ridiculous to us to
use a NB part on a ACVW but it's a movie, a movie about a car that is
alive. How accurate does it need to be?
:-)

Was also funny when the back of the car had some large speakers and
you see Lindsay Lohan turning on the Sapphire I

Old July 5th 05, 07:32 PM

Its okay bill, there is also a chop top version of it in the movie! I
Personally thought that the "Herbie" was too animated. Making it smile
or frown, dorky eyelids. Shaking like a dog, whining like a weinie. But
when the poor bugger was being trashed at the demolition derby, I was
thinking how badly I needed that sunroof clip for our 58 alfie. :-(

Herbie Movie Bill Berckman VW air cooled 1 June 18th 05 10:50 PM
Herbie! Wild Bill VW air cooled 0 June 8th 05 06:14 AM
Survey: Movie and TV cars auto enthusiasts love the most Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 2 June 8th 05 04:15 AM
Herbie has a press agent! Jim O'Malley \(KCIT/KCPN\) VW air cooled 0 May 14th 05 03:30 AM
new Herbie movie Karls Vladimir Pe?a VW air cooled 5 March 16th 05 01:02 AM