Fog light bulb replacement for 2000 Audi A4

Old December 22nd 04, 09:02 PM
dk

Default Fog light bulb replacement for 2000 Audi A4

Can anyone tell me what type of bulb is used in
the in-bumper fog lights of the 2000 A4 Quattro?

I could not find this information in the owner's
manual, or on-line. I noticed that H3's seem to
be used in all other Audi models. Does this also
apply to the 2000 (and later) A4's?

Thanks,

dk

Old December 22nd 04, 09:07 PM
Pete

"dk" wrote

> Can anyone tell me what type of bulb is used in
> the in-bumper fog lights of the 2000 A4 Quattro?

H7.

Cheers,

Pete

Old December 22nd 04, 09:25 PM
Dan Koren

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "dk" wrote
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what type of bulb is used in
> > the in-bumper fog lights of the 2000 A4 Quattro?

> H7.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks.

Let me see if I got this right:

H7's are used in all 3 positions
on the 2000 (and later?) A4's:
low beam, high beam, and fog
lights. Right?

Thx,

dk

Old December 22nd 04, 09:27 PM
Pete

"Dan Koren" wrote
> Let me see if I got this right:
>
> H7's are used in all 3 positions
> on the 2000 (and later?) A4's:
> low beam, high beam, and fog
> lights. Right?

Correct, unless you have xenons in which case the low beams are D2S.

Cheers,

Pete

Old December 22nd 04, 09:59 PM
Dan Koren

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Dan Koren" wrote
> > Let me see if I got this right:
> >
> > H7's are used in all 3 positions
> > on the 2000 (and later?) A4's:
> > low beam, high beam, and fog
> > lights. Right?

> Correct, unless you have xenons in
> which case the low beams are D2S.

Many, many thanks. No, I do not have
HID headlights.

May I also ask about the 2003 A4? Is
it the same story?

BTW is there some place or web site
where one can find this information?

I find it outrageous beyond belief
that Audi does not deign to provide
such info in the owner's manuals.

Thx,

dk

Old December 22nd 04, 10:07 PM
Dan Koren

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Dan Koren" wrote
> > Let me see if I got this right:
> >
> > H7's are used in all 3 positions
> > on the 2000 (and later?) A4's:
> > low beam, high beam, and fog
> > lights. Right?

> Correct, unless you have xenons in
> which case the low beams are D2S.

BTW I hope the info above is
correct for US models, right?

Thx,

dk

Old December 22nd 04, 10:57 PM
Pete

"Dan Koren" wrote

> BTW I hope the info above is
> correct for US models, right?

Yes, it's for US models, although the euro-spec A4s use the same bulbs
for main lights. I think the turn signal bulbs are different though.

Sylvania's automotive lighting catalog is a decent source of bulb
replacement info:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

Cheers,

Pete

Old December 23rd 04, 03:54 AM
curmudgeon

WOW! If you find THIS "outrageous beyond belief", I can't imagine how
you'd feel about something REALLY important.

Old December 23rd 04, 07:04 AM
Dan Koren

You don't consider providing customers
all the information required to maintain
the product they buy an important matter?

Well, I do.

dk