Flood damage

Old September 22nd 04, 11:16 PM
Chas Hurst

Default Flood damage

Here in SE PA we had the Delaware river overflow it's banks on Sunday. I
stopped at the garage of a friend to see how he made out. He had emptied his
shop Saturday and now was repainting and repairing the building. Anyway, a
local Miata owner came to him to repair his flood damaged '90 Miata that has
24,000 miles on it. My friend is waayy busy and can't take it on. He asked
me if I was interested. I dearly love Miatas but I'm up to my ears in fall
work around the house. But I'm thinking about it. Anyone have experience
with flood damage? The car was up to the windshield in water, so I assume
the interior was flooded. How well do the electronics take being submerged
for a day? How about drying out seats carpets etc?

Chas Hurst

Old September 23rd 04, 12:34 AM
Mike

Try a search on
http://www.miataforum.com/cgi-bin/ul...;DaysPrune=365
for Car in flood. Be sure to be in the NA section. I recall several threads
on this very subject within the last year or so. Here is the link I recalled
seeing. It wasn't nearly as deep as I had thought though.
http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultim...c;f=5;t=032829

I would say bear minimum would be complete fluids change and new ECU,
located under the passenger foot area under the carpet. Not sure about the
seats and carpet but figure a couple of days in the sun and a good carpet
shampoo wouldn't hurt.

Old September 23rd 04, 04:05 AM
Chas Hurst

"Mike" > wrote in message
> Try a search on

http://www.miataforum.com/cgi-bin/ul...;DaysPrune=365
> for Car in flood. Be sure to be in the NA section. I recall several

threads
> on this very subject within the last year or so. Here is the link I

recalled
> seeing. It wasn't nearly as deep as I had thought though.
> http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultim...c;f=5;t=032829
>
> I would say bear minimum would be complete fluids change and new ECU,
> located under the passenger foot area under the carpet. Not sure about the
> seats and carpet but figure a couple of days in the sun and a good carpet
> shampoo wouldn't hurt.

Thanks Mike.

Hood damage Todd Technology 7 January 4th 05 01:55 PM
Collision damage to aluminum hood + headlight assembly shattered y_p_w Technology 24 December 15th 04 01:22 AM
frame damage john Honda 1 October 31st 04 08:05 AM
damage by hard bump ? Robert General 4 September 18th 04 02:50 AM
99 Intrtepid To Much Oil Damage Ed Varin Dodge 2 June 8th 04 04:02 PM