Temperture Rising on '96 GC 4.0 w/167k

Old July 18th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Ed Wojciechowski

Default Temperture Rising on '96 GC 4.0 w/167k

Lately the temperature gauge as been climbing to roughly 230f, usually
stays @ 210f. This happens when I climb a hill, this is city and highway
driving only. I thought that the belt might be slipping, so I changed that
and the fan clutch was replaced a couple of years ago along with the water
pump. So, I was wondering if any one has any suggestions. Thanks in
advance......
Old July 18th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jerry Bransford

Radiator becoming clogged from hard water deposits?

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 18th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_1_]

"Ed Wojciechowski" > wrote in message
> Lately the temperature gauge as been climbing to roughly 230f, usually
> stays @ 210f. This happens when I climb a hill, this is city and highway
> driving only. I thought that the belt might be slipping, so I changed that
> and the fan clutch was replaced a couple of years ago along with the water
> pump. So, I was wondering if any one has any suggestions. Thanks in
> advance......

A two year old part is not necessarily good. Test the fan clutch by testing
whether it turns easily when hot. If so, it has likely gone bad. Are the
radiator and AC condensor clean? Have you flushed the cooling system
lately? Do you have an electric fan in addition to the belt driven one, and
if so is it coming on? Temperature gauge sending unit going off?

Earle

Old July 19th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

Themostat? Radiator?