Opinion and experience with Sky?

Old September 24th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Leythos

Default Opinion and experience with Sky?

I'm thinking of purchasing a New 2008 or used 2008 Sky Red Line, been
reading a lot about it on many sites, anyone own one that wants to
comment?

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(remove 999 for proper email address)
Old September 24th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jay R

I have an early 08, not the redline but loaded up.

It is our 4th Saturn and I love it.

Have had zero problems with it.

Power is not a problem with the standard package.

I was forced to get rid of a motorcycle due to health problems and use it
on weekends for the country road rides and also during the week on days I
don't have to put the top up for.

On those weather challenged days, I drive a pickup.

Jay

Old September 25th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

The SKY sits quite low. You will need to make an intelligent decision by
actually looking at one and determining how low it sits vs how much snow you
will be driving over. We get less than 1" inn the winter here, thats ok. It
is not intended to drive over deep or moderate snow.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

Old October 6th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Gyzmologist[_2_]

Leythos wrote:
> I'm thinking of purchasing a New 2008 or used 2008 Sky Red Line, been
> reading a lot about it on many sites, anyone own one that wants to
> comment?

We have an '07 Sky with the 2.4L and automatic. I like the car itself,
but the engine's performance and economy are disappointing. I also don't
like how the transmission is programmed.

The 2.4L has direct fuel injection and variable valve timing, but its
performance and economy are well below that from other car makers.

My old '94 Eclipse has a 2.0L turbo which it currently putting out 240HP
and gets me at least 32 MPG commuting into town, with my best so far
being 35.2 MPG (haven't had it on the highway since the last set of
mods). My old '98 Dodge Stratus with 2.5L V6 and auto transmission gets
31 MPG on the highway, and it has over 145,000 miles on it!

The best mileage we have gotten with the Sky is 27 MPG on the highway,
with 25 MPG being typical. So far we have had problems with the top,
rattle in the dash, water leak in the trunk, and pinion seal leak. It is
my wife's car, so as long as she is happy then I don't really care. She is

The Sky is really an Opel GT (ignoring GM's marketing hype). I suggest
you look at one of those and see what the differences are.

I like the Sky, just not the GM parts.

--
Gyz

Everyone thinks they know how to drive.
Everyone thinks they are good drivers.
Old October 7th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Leythos

In article >, says...
> Leythos wrote:
> > I'm thinking of purchasing a New 2008 or used 2008 Sky Red Line, been
> > reading a lot about it on many sites, anyone own one that wants to
> > comment?
> >

> We have an '07 Sky with the 2.4L and automatic. I like the car itself,
> but the engine's performance and economy are disappointing. I also don't
> like how the transmission is programmed.
>
> The 2.4L has direct fuel injection and variable valve timing, but its
> performance and economy are well below that from other car makers.
>
> My old '94 Eclipse has a 2.0L turbo which it currently putting out 240HP
> and gets me at least 32 MPG commuting into town, with my best so far
> being 35.2 MPG (haven't had it on the highway since the last set of
> mods). My old '98 Dodge Stratus with 2.5L V6 and auto transmission gets
> 31 MPG on the highway, and it has over 145,000 miles on it!
>
> The best mileage we have gotten with the Sky is 27 MPG on the highway,
> with 25 MPG being typical. So far we have had problems with the top,
> rattle in the dash, water leak in the trunk, and pinion seal leak. It is
> my wife's car, so as long as she is happy then I don't really care. She is
>
> The Sky is really an Opel GT (ignoring GM's marketing hype). I suggest
> you look at one of those and see what the differences are.
>
> I like the Sky, just not the GM parts.

Thanks for the info, good to know that it's not a 10 out of 10 for some
people.

Old October 7th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jay R

What are you talking about the Opal GT and the SKy being the same?

My Sky was built in the US just a few miles from where I live.

I know the new Astra is an Opal designed and built car.

Old October 13th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
dejablues

"Leythos" > wrote in message
>> Thanks for the info - in my area of the country we get snow for a couple

> months, sometimes 1" sometimes 20". I have a 4x4 SUV, but I'm
> considering making the Sky my primary vehicle. I have experience with
> RWD in snow, lots of it, but I wonder if the sky is to close to the
> ground for a moderate snow day?

The Sky is a roadster - a convertible sports car. It's not a daily driver,
it's a fun toy meant to be taken out on nice days and garaged when the
weather gets bad. Unless, of course, you like to torture yourself and your
car.

Old October 13th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_1_]

dejablues turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

>>> Thanks for the info - in my area of the country we get snow for a couple

>> months, sometimes 1" sometimes 20". I have a 4x4 SUV, but I'm
>> considering making the Sky my primary vehicle. I have experience with
>> RWD in snow, lots of it, but I wonder if the sky is to close to the
>> ground for a moderate snow day?

> The Sky is a roadster - a convertible sports car. It's not a daily driver,
> it's a fun toy meant to be taken out on nice days and garaged when the
> weather gets bad. Unless, of course, you like to torture yourself and your
> car.

why wouldn't one drive a roadster when the weather gets bad.

For the 15 or so days of rain we get, one could survive.

government is a process which utilizes 45.5% gut reaction, 45.5% laws and
statutes and 1% logic