London.

Old July 12th 05, 08:25 AM
BillyRay

If the French were responsible they would have surrendered already.

Old July 12th 05, 08:42 AM
Dave Milne

Remember the terrorists who blew up the Rainbow Warrior and turned out to be
French Secret Service ?

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old July 12th 05, 08:51 AM
Dave Milne

Apparently, US troops have been banned from visiting London now - too
dangerous. WTF ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4673987.stm

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

. uk...

Old July 12th 05, 12:33 PM
DougW

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:
> Apparently, US troops have been banned from visiting London now - too
> dangerous. WTF ?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4673987.stm

Typical bureaucratic cowardice combined with spineless leadership.
I swear, there are a lot of high ranking military and civillians
who spend more time polishing their bosses asses than doing what
the country expects of them.

--
DougW

Old July 12th 05, 06:08 PM
BillyRay

Well there you go. The French CAN do some military things right, assuming
they sank the ship they intended.

I have thought for a number of years now that it would be expedient to have
a member of the executive branch on the whaler/tanker/etc. that the
Greenpeace terrorists are expected to ram or board. Then the navy of that
country would be perfectly and legally justified in blowing it out of the
water, arresting the few survivors and all the international officers of
that terrorist organization.

. uk...

Old July 12th 05, 06:10 PM
BillyRay

Perhaps it is time for the UK to allow.... no demand... that all it citizens
be legally armed.

. uk...

Old July 12th 05, 07:05 PM
Brandonb

BillyRay wrote:
> Perhaps it is time for the UK to allow.... no demand... that all it citizens
> be legally armed.

That's what the world needs... football (soccer) hooligans with legal
weapons!
Old July 12th 05, 09:29 PM
BillyRay

No legitimate government need fear its citizens being armed as they derive
their authority by the consent of the governed.

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the
subject races to posses arms. History shows that all conquerors who have
allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall
by doing so." -Adolph Hitler 1938

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The
prohibition of private firearms
is the goal"--(Janet Reno)

INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS OF DEFENSE
It was precisely this right of the individual to keep and bear arms that was
a foundation of freedom for the American pioneers. Some people have
suggested that the US Founding Fathers meant only the Organized Militia
(National Guard) to have weapons. If you listen to the following quotes from
the US Founding Fathers, it couldn't be more clear that the right to keep
and bear arms was meant to apply to all US citizens.

THOMAS JEFFERSON:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason
for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last
resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government".

SAM ADAMS:
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to
prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from
keeping their own arms".

PATRICK HENRY
"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have
a gun".

JAMES MADISON:
"Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of
being armed,which the Americans possess over the people of almost every
other nation".

Freedom was allowed to come to eastern Europe in 1989 thanks to the
self-restraint of the Soviet army. Freedom could have come a generation ago,
but was repeatedly crushed by the Red army: in East Germany in 1953, Hungary
in 1956, and Czechoslovakia in 1968. One reason that the Soviet army
succeeded in those bloody episodes of subjugation was that the people of
East Germany, Hungary, and Czechoslovakia lacked the arms with which to
fight a guerilla war.

In regard to the "soccer hooligans", while I do not agree with some of the
provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968 there is an proper, in my opinion,
injunction against the purchase of firearms by those legally judged insane

Old July 12th 05, 10:10 PM
Brandonb

To clarify, tt was a joke, although I laughed when I read your direct
response to it so I think you got it.

But I happen to agree with the quotes you gave below, although now, over
two hundred years later, they aren't necessarily accurate. For instance
the one from James Madison. At this point I don't believe its possible
for citizens of the United States to overthrow the government by use of
personal firearms. We're just far outnumbered and outgunned by the
military, police, and other law enforcement agencies as well as zealots
that actually WANT the government to control every aspect of our lives
including the time we take to urinate.

I have a wood plaque that I inherited from my father with the larger
writing from Thomas Jefferson that you pulled that quote from. I keep it
hanging on the wall by the door so I can be reminded daily.

Brandonb

Old July 22nd 05, 10:44 PM
Dave Milne

hurrah, "plain clothes police" (i.e secret service intelligence officers
probably) shot a suicide bomber dead today and captured another !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

The Muslims are bricking themselves now we have a shoot to kill policy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4707781.stm

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
. uk...

London Olympics Ross Garrett BMW 12 July 7th 05 09:01 PM
Impact Group [email protected] Driving 2 May 11th 05 06:33 PM
London to use intelligent speed traps to catch highway killers Jim Yanik Driving 1 April 14th 05 06:06 PM
Independent BMW garages - London SW moxy BMW 2 March 25th 05 04:34 PM
E39 Police Cars in London [email protected] BMW 32 February 5th 05 11:31 PM