Tucson Antique Car Driving

Old February 6th 04, 01:29 PM
Luke

Default Tucson Antique Car Driving

Hi,

It looks like I will be getting a job offer from Raytheon in Tucson.
I live in upstate New York and own a 1926 Packard.

Is there much of an antique car hobby out in Tucson? Are there shows?
Do people go on tours?

I'm sure people drive cars from the 60's and 70's in Tucson, but how
about the early stuff? 1920's cars??

I hear traffic is pretty bad. Does that make it impossible to drive
anything that can't go 65 mph?

Do you have smog laws for antique cars?

Thanks for any comments. I'll need to make a decision soon.....

-- Luke Dawson
Old February 9th 04, 10:03 AM
Dan Coogan

I live in Phoenix, but have been to Tucson many times -- it's a great town, but like Curly wrote, the
freeways go around the city -- non through town, except on the west and south side of town.

My wife would love to move back down there. Also the weather is awesome this time of year.

best,
Dan

--
Dan Coogan