Chrysler Neon beeps when reaching 120km/h

Old October 16th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Chrysler Neon beeps when reaching 120km/h

For some reason my 2003 Chrysler Neon beeps when I reach 120km/h. I
have checked the manual to see if it is a type of safety device, but
there is no info in the manual. It is the same tone as if the keys are
in the ignition and the door is open, but a much faster tempo. Perhaps
it is some faulty wiring or an after market safety device.... any
suggestions or similar experiences would fall on thankful ears.

Old October 16th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

wrote:
> For some reason my 2003 Chrysler Neon beeps when I reach 120km/h. I
> have checked the manual to see if it is a type of safety device, but
> there is no info in the manual. It is the same tone as if the keys are
> in the ignition and the door is open, but a much faster tempo. Perhaps
> it is some faulty wiring or an after market safety device.... any
> suggestions or similar experiences would fall on thankful ears.

Does not sound right to me. Did this just start, or has it been this
way since you bought the car.

Old October 16th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

It was purchased about 2 months ago - has beeped for that time.

Dealer does not know how to fix. He's suggesting disabling the tone,
but I think that will also disable the ignition warning.

Old October 16th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

wrote:
> It was purchased about 2 months ago - has beeped for that time.
>
> Dealer does not know how to fix. He's suggesting disabling the tone,
> but I think that will also disable the ignition warning.
>

> John S. wrote:
> > wrote:
> > > For some reason my 2003 Chrysler Neon beeps when I reach 120km/h. I
> > > have checked the manual to see if it is a type of safety device, but
> > > there is no info in the manual. It is the same tone as if the keys are
> > > in the ignition and the door is open, but a much faster tempo. Perhaps
> > > it is some faulty wiring or an after market safety device.... any
> > > suggestions or similar experiences would fall on thankful ears.

> > Does not sound right to me. Did this just start, or has it been this
> > way since you bought the car.

Since it is speed related my guess is that it is a glitch in the
computer. Can you have the car checked by another dealer for that make
of car?

Old October 17th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I don't think it has anything to do with the door, as the speed is
precisely 120 km/h every time the beeping starts. I think I will ask
the dealer if he can 'reset' the computer and go from there.

Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions/comments.