Online salvage yards

Old January 19th 10, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
stryped[_3_]

Default Online salvage yards

A while back there was a website where I could locate the inventory of
salvage yards even ones near my house. I forgot the website and cant
seem to find it. Can anyone help me?
Old January 19th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

stryped > wrote in news:fa3b0f84-7260-4ef9-9ea6-
:

www.car-part.com

--
Tegger

Old January 19th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
fred

Tegger > wrote in
:

> stryped > wrote in news:fa3b0f84-7260-4ef9-9ea6-
> :
>
>> A while back there was a website where I could locate the inventory
>> of salvage yards even ones near my house. I forgot the website and
>> cant seem to find it. Can anyone help me?

www.car-part.com

An alternative there that doesn't require an actual part search but
gives local yards is:

http://www.car-part.com/online.htm

Old January 19th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
twisted

On Jan 19, 10:51*am, fred > wrote:

> An alternative there that doesn't require an actual part search but
> gives local yards is:
>
> http://www.car-part.com/online.htm

Not really. That's just a listing, in alphabetical order, of yards in
each state that belong to ARA, URG, PARTS and CAR-PART. Kinda
worthless.

Old January 19th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Timing Cover for my 1978 Dodge full size van, 318 engine, automatic
transmission.I think that water leak is in the top right corner.I won't
be able to see exactly where that leak is untill I get around to
removing the timing cover from the van.I think I need to check the local
auto junk yards around here for a good timing cover.

I need a good inside engine cover (dog house, some people call it) for
my 1983 Dodge full size van too.The guy I bought the van from about a
year and four months ago, he said he was hauling a fourteen foot long
board and when he was backing up the end of the board hit something and
broke the engine cover.
cuhulin

Old January 20th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:20:13 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> stryped > wrote in news:fa3b0f84-7260-4ef9-9ea6-
> :
>
>> A while back there was a website where I could locate the inventory of
>> salvage yards even ones near my house. I forgot the website and cant
>> seem to find it. Can anyone help me?

www.car-part.com

Shhhhh...!

Junk Yards in MD bman Jeep 6 July 28th 07 05:52 PM
Parts from Junk Yards - How to search ? klara Technology 18 January 30th 07 06:20 AM
My 99 Jetta cuts out after about 50 yards ddabb VW water cooled 2 December 21st 05 11:22 PM
looking for online salvage yard web site pws Mazda 1 October 15th 04 11:48 PM