used tires

Old January 3rd 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Runk[_2_]

Default used tires

Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want to
give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all the
stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

Old January 3rd 10, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Jan 2, 11:53*pm, "Runk" > wrote:
> Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want to
> give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all the
> stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

check the local junk yards too. Also some gas stations sell used
tires.
Old January 3rd 10, 07:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul[_39_]

Runk wrote:
> Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want
> to give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all
> the stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

Used tire shops are every where in the poorer parts of Houston.
Hundreds of them.
Old January 3rd 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
aemeijers

Runk wrote:
> Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want
> to give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all
> the stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

If you hurry, you may catch the tail end of the carcass-stripping from
the cash for clunkers program. (I think the deadline for breaking down
the hulks is about now.) There were a lot of Jeep GCs murdered in that
program, so whatever the yard is in your area that bought the hulks,
should have lots of rims and tires that were pulled off them.

--
aem sends...
Old January 4th 10, 06:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don Byrer

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:53:18 -0500, "Runk" > wrote:

>Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want to
>give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all the
>stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

Considering this newsgroup can be read by anyone on Earth...it would
help if you would state your location.

Detroit, Podunk, Toronto, Honolulu, Guam, Syndney???

FWIW, Looking at tirerack.com, you're looking at ~ $350 for 4 brand
name 235/75/15 LT tires shipped in the US.

Whatever you buy, you're going to need them mounted and balanced, so
you're going to have to take it SOMEWHERE that does tires.

Don Byrer KJ5KB
Power & Glider Pilot Guy
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...<smack-smack-smack-smack...>"
Old January 4th 10, 07:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Heron McKeister

"Don Byrer" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:53:18 -0500, "Runk" > wrote:
>
> >Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want

> >give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all the
> >stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

> Considering this newsgroup can be read by anyone on Earth...it would
> help if you would state your location.
>
> Detroit, Podunk, Toronto, Honolulu, Guam, Syndney???

I thought the same, from his posting IP it looks as though
he might be somewhere in the vicinty of Toluca, IL, US.

Old January 4th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
larry moe 'n curly

Paul wrote:

> Used tire shops are every where in the poorer parts of Houston.
> Hundreds of them.

In Phoenix, the place to go to was:

IN THE NAME OF JESUS GUARANTEED USED TIRES

Old January 5th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 07:04:57 -0800 (PST), "larry moe 'n curly"
> wrote:

>Paul wrote:
>>
>> Used tire shops are every where in the poorer parts of Houston.
>> Hundreds of them.

>In Phoenix, the place to go to was:
>
> IN THE NAME OF JESUS GUARANTEED USED TIRES

You left off the "Inc." Are they out of business now?
Old January 5th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:53:18 -0500, Runk > wrote:
>Looking for 4 good 235/75/15 tires for a Jeep Grand Cherokee .Don't want to
>give the rich guy in the area that has a controlling interests in all the
>stores for a hundred miles. Plus I'm broke. Any help.... Runk......

and you're an idiot.
beyond help.

Tire stores have lots used tires, "take offs" that are taken off new
cars to be replaced with better tires before seeing 100 miles.

It's too bad that you're too stupid and paranoid to visit one of those
tires stores run by those "rich guys".
Old January 5th 10, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 07:04:57 -0800 (PST), larry moe 'n curly > wrote:

>Paul wrote:
>>
>> Used tire shops are every where in the poorer parts of Houston.
>> Hundreds of them.

>In Phoenix, the place to go to was:

> IN THE NAME OF JESUS GUARANTEED USED TIRES

That's a worthless guarantee if I've ever heard one.
Good like trying to get jeez to poke his head in this universe for
warranty service.

OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 68 September 12th 07 03:08 AM
Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 06:27 PM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 12:36 AM
Quiet tires=soft tires? Frank Honda 8 March 16th 05 07:40 PM
Winter tires vs offroad tires. Goldhawk 4x4 5 January 5th 05 09:34 PM