Repair of the Week

Old December 28th 04, 02:54 PM
Mike Romain

LOL!

I would be keeping the good MC that you swapped out for a spare....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 28th 04, 02:58 PM
M. E. Bye

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:24:01 -0600, Old Crow >
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:05:47 -0600, M. E. Bye >
>wrote:
>
>>Remember just last week my posting about windshield wiper motors going
>>belly up? Well, yesterday I noticed an antifreeze puddle (of
>>significant size) under the front end. Just a year ago (almost to the
>>day) I had the radiator pulled and repaired.
>>Why do we drive these things?
>>

>Well, if they never broke, I'd be hard pressed to make a living
>working on them.
>As it is, I live good.

While I'm cussing a blue streak about all of this my fiancee says:
"so... are you thinking of getting rid of it?"

Me: "not a chance!"

Mark
'98 TJ
'98 XJ

Old December 28th 04, 03:13 PM
aGraham

> While I'm cussing a blue streak about all of this my fiancee says:
> "so... are you thinking of getting rid of it?"

I once had a parts counter guy say "Can't ya just let it die?" I just
laughed as I hung up the phone.

--
o_o_o_o
/| ,[_____],
|???L --O|||||||O-
()_)?()_) ????? )_)
Old December 28th 04, 03:40 PM
Lee Ayrton

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, aGraham wrote:

>> While I'm cussing a blue streak about all of this my fiancee says:
>> "so... are you thinking of getting rid of it?"

> I once had a parts counter guy say "Can't ya just let it die?" I just
> laughed as I hung up the phone.

I'm toying with taking an `81 CJ-7 hulk off a coworker's hands. Another
coworker came up to me when he'd heard and said "Why the fark do you want
another Jeep that you can't drive and have to fix all the time?" I just
laughed.

--
Thank ghod it's Them instead of You.

Old December 28th 04, 10:23 PM
Will Honea

Unfortunately, the "good" mc was on it's way out - it would bleed off
if it sat more than 20 minutes or so and had to be pumped back up
before I could use it. I can't complain about the service - I got the
mc and the slave from the junk yard 4 years back. After pulling it
off and tearing it down I will look for a kit to put in it for a
spare, tho. It was full of black sludge and probably most of the
problem was the valves getting plugged up by dying rubber parts.

--
Will Honea
Old December 29th 04, 01:54 AM
Mike Chambers

I have a bunch of friends that want to shoot mine. They just dont get
it.

Later Mike