PROBLEM SOLVED Was 2006 Honda Civic - Door Lock Problems

Old July 14th 11, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
David E. Powell

Default PROBLEM SOLVED Was 2006 Honda Civic - Door Lock Problems

They found the problem. The cylinder was jammed at an angle and caused
the mechanism to think it was locked. So the lock would relock on both
doors.

This persisted after an initial replacement of a jammed internal
mechanical part which had caused a worse jam. When that was done the
tendency to relock returned but the door could be opened if one moved
quickly before it relocked. (There was a momentary "window" one could
use.)

With the cylinder now also replaced all is good.

David