[OT] attic insulation.

Old December 3rd 04, 03:35 AM
DougW

Default [OT] attic insulation.

Ah.. so much fun.

Eight rolls of R-45 insulation now up in the attic
and silly me just bought ten more rolls. That should be
about half the house. :/

On the bright side, a spider bite? I got last sunday
didn't do more than just swell up/ooze a bit and is
getting better. Could have even been a splinter.
For a while there I was worried about it being a fiddleback
(brown recluse) nasty little bugger of a spider. Rilly nasty.

(if you want to sleep at night I suggest you not visit the following URL)
http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/default.asp

It's times like this I question my sanity, then realize I lost
it a long time ago. ^_^

--
DougW
Few rolls short of a fully insulated attic.

Old December 3rd 04, 05:44 PM
Lee Ayrton

Spotted in some other newsgroup, kept nameless to protect the innocents:

> (if you want to sleep at night I suggest you not visit the following URL)
> <URL:http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/default.asp>

A site for those with what they believe to be brown recluse spider bites.

Lee "Hmmmm. Hoof prints. Zebra!" Ayrton

--
Some conditions apply. YMMV. This message was packed by weight, not
by volume. TWIAVBP, local variation may occur. Dramatization, not a real
Old December 3rd 04, 05:44 PM
Lee Ayrton

Old December 3rd 04, 06:23 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A friend under a doctor's care, healed with a hole the size of a
peach pit in her leg.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 3rd 04, 06:23 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Old December 3rd 04, 08:04 PM
Will Honea

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:23:19 UTC L.W.(ßill) Hughes III
> wrote:

> A friend under a doctor's care, healed with a hole the size of a
> peach pit in her leg.

Sounds a bit comical until you think about it a bit. Several years
ago a local society gal actually died from a Brown Recluse bite she
got when she sat down in a Port-a-Potty at some sort of soire. She
was too embarassed to go to the Dr. until it got to the point that the
abcess was, according to the doctor, "the size of a volley ball" and
the infection was too much for her to handle.

Nasty little buggers!

--
Will Honea
Old December 3rd 04, 08:04 PM
Will Honea

Old December 4th 04, 05:37 PM
Lee Ayrton

Yeah, I tried to cancel that post. I farked up, and I want to say that I
really wasn't trying to mock the OP. I was trying to send the URL to
another group, one that in the past was interested in how often ugly skin
ulcers are mis-diagnosed by doctors as BRS bites. BSR bites are nasty,
but the incidence of bites tends to increase after news stories about
them, even in places where the spiders don't live.

My apologies to the group.

Old December 4th 04, 05:37 PM
Lee Ayrton

Old December 10th 04, 02:43 PM

I am not a nurse. I am a mom of a 10 year old boy that has Community
Acquired Oxacillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (ORSA). It's often
misdiagnosed as spider bites. It's spreading like wild fire through
school athletes, day cares and jails.

This is one of 3 or more strains not found in healthcare settings. It's
very aggressive. It attacks healthy skin. I have to nearly paint his
body with bactroban and about 200 Qtips three times a day. I'm
collecting information on CA-ORSA and posting it on a site.

I would like to see the CDC's elite guard the EIS, take a more
proactive or public approach to tracking strains and getting the word
out. To that end, I email people I find on the net that might have
influence and I copy the EIS and CDC on each one!

Since I can't directly battle the bacteria, I can battle people not
knowing about the newer strains.
Here's my site. I just started it this past October and already it
needs to be updated with new and more severe instances of the spread.
http://www.caercoork.com/orsa/orsa.html