2008 Accord

Old October 5th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default 2008 Accord

Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord? I was just wondering if its a
real noticible improvement for the ride, comfort and power, handling etc.

Thanks,
Al

Old October 5th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:09:32 -0400, alfred > wrote:

>Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord?

No, it's amazing. Not one person anywhere, including honda has ever
tried to drive it.

Old October 5th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

"AZ Nomad" wrote

>>Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord?

> No, it's amazing. Not one person anywhere, including honda has ever
> tried to drive it.

:-)

Old October 5th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

On Oct 4, 8:09 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
> Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord? I was just wondering if its a
> real noticible improvement for the ride, comfort and power, handling etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

Gosh, I hope so because they certainly didn't improve the looks.....

Dan D
'07 Ody EX
Central NJ USA

Old October 5th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Game Over

"Dano58" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Oct 4, 8:09 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
>> Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord? I was just wondering if its
>> real noticible improvement for the ride, comfort and power, handling etc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al

> Gosh, I hope so because they certainly didn't improve the looks.....

Yeah, it's a real dog alright....just this side of butt-ugly. I do like my
'07 though....

Old October 5th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Game Over" <go@> wrote in message . ..
> "Dano58" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On Oct 4, 8:09 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord? I was just wondering if its
>>> real noticible improvement for the ride, comfort and power, handling etc.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Al

>> Gosh, I hope so because they certainly didn't improve the looks.....
>>

> Yeah, it's a real dog alright....just this side of butt-ugly.
> I do like my '07 though....

I had a chance to see 2008 coupe and sedans yesterday at the dealership.
They were both black. I know that taste is something very personal, but
I have to agree with you: compared to 2007 new accord looks much worse.
Very "aggressive", much smaller-looking car.

I have 2004, silver - I like a lot how it looks like, I like 2007
even better because it reminds me much smoother and slimer 2002
and if I could afford it I would make a switch for 2007...

But 2008 - not apealing at all. Especially not black.

One interesting thing I noticed what the door edge guards looking
like a piece of tape in the color of the body paint. With the
name "stealth" and the price $99 it was pretty funny, but maybe
practical. Especially for coupe with much larger, easy to scratch doors.

Do you guys know any cheaper alternative?
But not as cheesy as electrical tape? :-)
Duct tape would not be looking good either, however it would match my silver paint :-)
Old October 5th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:10:42 -0500, "Pszemol" >
wrote:

>I had a chance to see 2008 coupe and sedans yesterday at the dealership.
>They were both black. I know that taste is something very personal, but
>I have to agree with you: compared to 2007 new accord looks much worse.
>Very "aggressive", much smaller-looking car.

That is interesting. I noticed the same thing when driving by a
dealership yesterday. Car looks smaller, but is in fact much larger.
It's even moved up a class in size. For now, I much prefer my 2003,
but I thought the same thing about the 1999 until I got used to the
2003. Now I think it's beautiful. Especially with the gold package.
Maybe the 2008 will grow on me. The only thing I would like for the
2003 is the LED trunk lights in the later models. I hate the looks of
the wing. Built into the trunk (ala Cadillac) is much nicer. Maybe I
should get a 2007 while there are still some around.

Dick

Old October 6th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dhouston

wrote:

>Has anyone tried driving the new 2008 Accord? I was just wondering if its a
>real noticible improvement for the ride, comfort and power, handling etc.
>
>Thanks,
>Al

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is it's not that different
but experience is the best to listen to.
Old October 6th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dhouston

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:29:54 -0700, Dick > wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:10:42 -0500, "Pszemol" >
>wrote:
>

>>I had a chance to see 2008 coupe and sedans yesterday at the dealership.
>>They were both black. I know that taste is something very personal, but
>>I have to agree with you: compared to 2007 new accord looks much worse.
>>Very "aggressive", much smaller-looking car.

>That is interesting. I noticed the same thing when driving by a
>dealership yesterday. Car looks smaller, but is in fact much larger.
>It's even moved up a class in size. For now, I much prefer my 2003,
>but I thought the same thing about the 1999 until I got used to the
>2003. Now I think it's beautiful. Especially with the gold package.
>Maybe the 2008 will grow on me. The only thing I would like for the
>2003 is the LED trunk lights in the later models. I hate the looks of
>the wing. Built into the trunk (ala Cadillac) is much nicer. Maybe I
>should get a 2007 while there are still some around.
>
>Dick

For me, the new Honda Accord is just okay (not great not terrible) in
appearance but I think the latest Camry is ugly.
Old October 6th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

<dhouston> wrote in message
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:29:54 -0700, Dick > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:10:42 -0500, "Pszemol" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I had a chance to see 2008 coupe and sedans yesterday at the dealership.
>>>They were both black. I know that taste is something very personal, but
>>>I have to agree with you: compared to 2007 new accord looks much worse.
>>>Very "aggressive", much smaller-looking car.

>>That is interesting. I noticed the same thing when driving by a
>>dealership yesterday. Car looks smaller, but is in fact much larger.
>>It's even moved up a class in size. For now, I much prefer my 2003,
>>but I thought the same thing about the 1999 until I got used to the
>>2003. Now I think it's beautiful. Especially with the gold package.
>>Maybe the 2008 will grow on me. The only thing I would like for the
>>2003 is the LED trunk lights in the later models. I hate the looks of
>>the wing. Built into the trunk (ala Cadillac) is much nicer. Maybe I
>>should get a 2007 while there are still some around.
>>
>>Dick

> For me, the new Honda Accord is just okay (not great not terrible) in
> appearance but I think the latest Camry is ugly.

I would second that -- looks OK. Of course, since I have an 0-6 Accord
coupe I4 I have no reason to buy new for quite some -- perhaps when the next
generation comes out. We will likely replace my wife's 0-3 Pilot next year
with the last of the current model when the price ought to be down.