Lift Kit Measurement Help?

Old April 29th 04, 04:20 AM

Default Lift Kit Measurement Help?

I'm buying a '90 full size Bronco with a lift kit and 35" tires. I'd like
to find out how much lift has been added, and the place I'm buying it from
can't tell me. I saw on one of the Bronco sites that a minimum of 4" lift
is needed for 35's. Is there a way to take a measurement to find how much
lift has been added?

Thanks,
GregM
Old April 30th 04, 04:46 AM
Rick Colombo

Roger Brown wrote:

> wrote:
>
>>I'm buying a '90 full size Bronco with a lift kit and 35" tires. I'd like
>>to find out how much lift has been added, and the place I'm buying it from
>>can't tell me. I saw on one of the Bronco sites that a minimum of 4" lift
>>is needed for 35's. Is there a way to take a measurement to find how much
>>lift has been added?

I have installed 35" tires on two Broncos that I've owned, a 1987 and my
current Bronco which is a 1993. I did both with a modest lift (from
SkyJacker) which claims 1.5"-2" of lift. I also had the rear springs
re-arched, I asked them to increase the lift by about 2" (I think they
added a little more to allow for "settling" over time), I used the same
springs on my '93, but I added two smaller leafs to the compliment.

Anyway, if you want to know if there is a 4" (or 6") lift, you need to
look for a "drop-down" bracket on the front end. The 4" and 6" lift use
the same bracket, but they use different holes. The drop-down bracket
should be rather obvious, a normal/stock Bronco does not have one. It
will be in the center of the front axle and it is designed to relocate
the left/right axles t o a higher/lower position (higher/lower depends
on your point of view ;-).

--
PapaRick
/(Home) <or> /(Work)