Listerine Drinker Arrested for DUI

Old January 17th 05, 07:26 PM
LeMod Pol

Default Listerine Drinker Arrested for DUI

Talk about weird <G>

Listerine Drinker Arrested for DUI

Posted January 17, 2005

ADRIAN, Mich. -- A woman who admitted drinking three
glasses of Listerine mouthwash had a blood-alcohol
content more than three times the legal limit when she
was arrested for drunken driving, police said Friday.

The woman, identified by police Sgt. Mike Shadbolt as
50-year-old Carol A. Ries, was arrested Sunday night
and released on personal bond the next day. She was to
be arraigned late next week on a misdemeanor charge of
operating under the influence of liquor, Shadbolt said.

Police also found an open bottle of Listerine in Ries'
car, and asked Lenawee County prosecutors Friday to
authorize a warrant charging her with having an open
intoxicant in a motor vehicle, Shadbolt said. Calls to
the prosecutor's office were not answered after
business hours.

Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car
rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She
told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also
passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something
not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

She failed a second test using different equipment and,
under further questioning, admitted to drinking three
glasses of Listerine earlier in the day, Shadbolt said.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web
site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent
alcohol, more than four times that of many malt
liquors. Other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

--
LP

"We are fighting today for security, for progress,
and for peace, not only for ourselves but for all
men, not only for one generation but for all
generations. We are fighting to cleanse the world
of ancient evils, ancient ills."

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
State of the Union Address - 1942

Old January 17th 05, 08:51 PM
Larry Bud

LeMod Pol wrote:
> Talk about weird <G>

Kitty Dukakis entered therapy for drinking rubbing alcohol and perfume.

At least Listerine is designed to go into the mouth!!

> Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car
> rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She
> told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also
> passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something
> not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

Wonder why she passed a breathalyzer??

Old January 17th 05, 08:51 PM
Larry Bud

Old January 17th 05, 10:54 PM
Nate Nagel

Larry Bud wrote:

> LeMod Pol wrote:
>
>>Talk about weird <G>

> Kitty Dukakis entered therapy for drinking rubbing alcohol and perfume.
>

> At least Listerine is designed to go into the mouth!!
>

>>Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car
>>rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She
>>told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also
>>passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something
>>not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

> Wonder why she passed a breathalyzer??

Rubbing alcohol? RUBBING ALCOHOL? doesn't "denatured" mean "it'll kill
ya if ya drink enough?"

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 17th 05, 10:54 PM
Nate Nagel

Old January 18th 05, 12:15 AM
LeMod Pol

Talk about weird <G>

Larry Bud wrote:

> LeMod Pol wrote:
> >

> Kitty Dukakis entered therapy for drinking rubbing alcohol and perfume.
>
> At least Listerine is designed to go into the mouth!!
>
> > Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car
> > rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She
> > told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also
> > passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something
> > not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

> Wonder why she passed a breathalyzer??

many of those machines are anything but reliable

Old January 18th 05, 12:15 AM
LeMod Pol

Talk about weird <G>

Old January 18th 05, 12:17 AM
LeMod Pol

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Larry Bud wrote:
>
> > LeMod Pol wrote:
> >
> >>Talk about weird <G>

> > Kitty Dukakis entered therapy for drinking rubbing alcohol and perfume.
> >

> > At least Listerine is designed to go into the mouth!!
> >

> >>Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car
> >>rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She
> >>told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also
> >>passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something
> >>not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

> > Wonder why she passed a breathalyzer??
> >

> Rubbing alcohol? RUBBING ALCOHOL? doesn't "denatured" mean "it'll kill
> ya if ya drink enough?"

Blind first!!!

Old January 18th 05, 12:17 AM
LeMod Pol

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Larry Bud wrote:
>
> > LeMod Pol wrote:
> >
> >>Talk about weird <G>

> > Kitty Dukakis entered therapy for drinking rubbing alcohol and perfume.
> >

> > At least Listerine is designed to go into the mouth!!
> >

> >>Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car
> >>rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She
> >>told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also
> >>passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something
> >>not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

> > Wonder why she passed a breathalyzer??
> >

> Rubbing alcohol? RUBBING ALCOHOL? doesn't "denatured" mean "it'll kill
> ya if ya drink enough?"

Blind first!!!

Old January 18th 05, 03:08 AM
Harry K

It's wood alcohol that will kill you. I though that rubbing alcohol
-was- wood alcohol. Denatured -afaik- is de-watered. Alcohol is
highly hygroscopic (if that is the right term) and will suck water from
anything handy. That is the reason there is no 200 proof alcohol.
Harry K