Need some Nascar 2003 help please..updates..multiplayer..etc

Old December 11th 04, 08:38 AM
Tony L

Default Need some Nascar 2003 help please..updates..multiplayer..etc

Hello,

I've been away from sim racing for at least 3 years now so I'm fairly
behind.
I just finally cracked open my copy of Nascar 2003 this weeked which has
been sitting on the shelf since the day I bought it

Anyway could some of you folks give me a nice detailed link or "must have"
list of patches..updates..tracks...carsets..mods..etc that I would need to
get up and running again? I would like to race in a few online clubs after
I'm race ready again so some info and needed files for that would be great
as well. Rascar is the only one I'm familiar with from the reading here.
Other popular ones still?

One other thing I've noticed is in game the AA seems to be not so good. Lots
"jaggies" etc. I have all the options turned up full. Antistropic filtering
"extreme option" on and playing at 1600x1200 32bit and those jaggies still
look bad as well as power lines and track walls in the distance. Any way to
clean all that up?

Thanks!

Old December 11th 04, 03:22 PM
Timmy Ferrell

"Tony L" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've been away from sim racing for at least 3 years now so I'm fairly
> behind.
> I just finally cracked open my copy of Nascar 2003 this weeked which has
> been sitting on the shelf since the day I bought it
>
> Anyway could some of you folks give me a nice detailed link or "must have"
> list of patches..updates..tracks...carsets..mods..etc that I would need to
> get up and running again? I would like to race in a few online clubs after
> I'm race ready again so some info and needed files for that would be great
> as well. Rascar is the only one I'm familiar with from the reading here.
> Other popular ones still?

www.theuspits.com has most of the stuff you'll need.....
Get the official patch first...you'll need thatin order to install any of
the mods. Theuspits.com has all of the Project Wildfire mods (NBS, CTS, IROC
and Trans-Am) in addition to their own touring car mod (tptcc, I think).
Most people use wildfires' Trans-Am mod for on-line racing.
www.bhmotorsports.com is another good clearing house for tracks, cars and
links.
In addition to stockcars there is a Ferrari 360 mod and an IRL mod that are
very good.
http://www.schuerkamp.de/zope/nrank/ is a GPL-type rank site.
http://www.raceservers.net/Software_Downloads.htm is a great track database.
Hope this gets you started,
Timmy

Old December 11th 04, 09:25 PM
Haxor Me

"Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
> http://www.raceservers.net/Software_Downloads.htm is a great track

database.

http://www.simracingconnection.com/n...k3tracks.shtml us a BETTER track
DB.

Install the mods in the following order - Papy Patch > BGN > CTS - then any
order for the others. However BE WARNED! You'll want a seperate N2K3
player for any mod that uses the same physics, such as the Aero88 mod
because if you run the CTS and Aero88 mods with the same player, it'll screw
with your track records.

PWF's mods come in both lo- (512) and hi-res (1024) versions. Sounds like
you should get the hi-res ones. :-)

Plus - N2K3 has a physical track limit of 128, so if you have more tracks
than that, they won't show up in the track list. Best thing to do (and what
I do) is seperate the ovals from the roads and put them in their own
folders, then re-name the folders when you want to race a specific type.

I get most of my cars from these sites -
http://www.masgrafx.com/masgrafxracing/ ,
http://www.tfrdetailshop.com/index.p...363f767f 5737
and http://www.theracinggroove.oteracing.com/index.php , though the first
and last sites tend to have the exact same cars for some reason. Dunno
who's copying off of who...so be careful. There's also
http://www.sbr.okellracing.com/ though there's not alot of cars on there, so
it's always last in my list.

As far as multiplayer sets go - I use this site
http://new.simracecar.com/2003/index.php . It also has over 20 league sets,
so this would be a good place to start. I have 2.78gigs of cars (zipped)
from there, so that would be a good place to start. :-)

Old December 13th 04, 10:55 PM

Old January 16th 05, 12:54 AM
Douglas BISHOP

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Haxor Me wrote:
> first
> > and last sites tend to have the exact same cars for some reason.

> Dunno
> > who's copying off of who...so be careful. There's also
> > http://www.sbr.okellracing.com/ though there's not alot of cars on

> there, so
> > it's always last in my list.

Interestingly enough this site seems very well organized and has a pretty
good selection..... Does anyone have any idea where I can find a Matt
Kenseth Carhartt car? Ran at Michigan in 04...

Old January 16th 05, 12:28 PM
SkykingUSA

Regarding your AA problems - I bet you use an nVidia card with
Forceware drivers right? If so, read the following post:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...55aa2791d570c6

If not, I'm not sure I can help with that. For me, I have to force AA
and AF on in the drivers because the game won't do it on it's own.

Read the above post - I explained everything in detail there.
Good luck,

Old January 16th 05, 06:18 PM
Mitch_A

SkykingUSA wrote:

> Regarding your AA problems - I bet you use an nVidia card with
> Forceware drivers right? If so, read the following post:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...55aa2791d570c6

> If not, I'm not sure I can help with that. For me, I have to force AA
> and AF on in the drivers because the game won't do it on it's own.
>
> Read the above post - I explained everything in detail there.
> Good luck,

Ive never used the "Application controlled AA". Ive got into the habit of
alwyas letting the driver do the AA and disabling AA from within the game
just so I can control the levels more accurately.

I keep going back to OGL in NR2003, to me it just looks nicer. DX8 wasnt
all that

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE3.3.2a.
Old January 17th 05, 08:27 AM
SkykingUSA

I read in this newsgroup somewhere that NR2003 Season implemented more
graphic features under D3D compared to OpenGL. I cannot confirm this,
but that's why I use D3D with this game.

Also, I've gotten used to using Application Controlled because I read
that you sometimes get faster framerates from a game if you let it
control the level of AA and AF, whereas if you force it in the driver,
it sometimes causes a significant performance hit. Again, I cannot
confirm.

Do you know anything about the above two points?