1996 v6 Corsica Question

Old October 12th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default 1996 v6 Corsica Question

Hi,

I am unable to locate the oil pressure sending switch on this car.

Old October 12th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Knifeblade_03[_57_]

http://tinyurl.com/yy4rjc

One is located as stated above, next to oil filter, but there is an
optional sender [I nc about this] located elsewhere, so I linked the
above for ya to figure it out.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old October 12th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Comboverfish wrote:

> Look under the front exaust manifold and above the starter area for a
> one-wire switch with a large hex-shaped housing.
>
> Toyota MDT in MO

I see a one wire switch where you say, but if i unplug it, the fuel
pump still engages?

Old October 12th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Comboverfish wrote:
If you
> let the group know what your actual concern is we could address it more
> precisely. I thought you just wanted to know where the OP sender was.

Yes, I want to know where the OP sender was. To check if I found it, I
unplugged it, thinking the fuel pump would not engage. I guess that's
not the case.

I was told that the OP sender disabled the fuel pump in case of an
accident so that if you wrecked the car, the fuel pump wouldn't keep
spewing gas all over the road.